Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Legal translation can be an exciting and tremendously rewarding career path for specially trained professionals with an in-depth knowledge of Canada’s bilingual and bijural realities.
Fuelled by the growing demand for legal translators in the public and private sectors, McGill University’s School for Continuing Studies has recently enhanced and expanded its legal translation program. The new 30-credit Graduate Diploma in Legal Translation is now fully online, making it available to learners from coast to coast, and features 6 credits of experiential learning (practica/applied research projects).
Join us for an online discussion about how the Graduate Diploma in Legal Translation – the only program of its kind in North America – can help aspiring and working professionals in the legal, business and translation communities across Canada enrich their current portfolio and fast-track their career.
We will explore topics such as:
- Career prospects for jurists and translators with graduate-level training in legal translation
- Key sectors in legal translation
- Profiles of typical learners
- Strategies and skill sets required to succeed as a legal translator
- How the interactive online delivery format enhances the learning experience
- Types of practical and applied research projects open to students
We will also answer your questions about:
- Curriculum and courses
- Learning outcomes
- Admission requirements and deadlines
- Entrance exams
- Application procedures
- Tuition fees
- Scholarships and financial aid The session will be conducted in English and French.