Incoming students for Fall 2022:
Welcome to the Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology!
Slides from the
Departmental Orientation Session:
Tuesday, August 30
ACB New Students Session 30-Aug-2022
Slides from the PRO information sessions in June:
Dept Info Session CEGEP - 03-June-2022
Registration and Program Information:
- Start by reviewing:
- New student information on the Faculty of Science website
- Registration information on the Accepted students page
- First Year website
- Read the program-specific information on our website:
- General program guidelines
- Anatomy & Cell Biology program options:
- Suggested registration plans: ACB Program Plans
- Students with course exemptions from required program courses (CHEM 212, CHEM 222, statistics) can choose to take a different program course (for which you will have the prerequisites) or an elective/Minor program course
- U1 students who need to complete some/all of the Science Freshman Program requirements/prerequisites for the required U1 ACB courses, may need to delay registration in the typical U1 courses until second year. Once you've confirmed with SOUSA which Freshman Program courses you still need to complete and exactly which course exemptions you will receive, you should meet with the ACB program advisor to discuss your registration.
- U0 students interested in choosing ACB as their program in U1 / U1 students who must complete Science Freshman Program requirements during their first year at McGill take note of the program-specific information found on the SOUSA website.
If you have questions about your advanced standing/courses exemptions, program selection options or general degree-planning, you can contact a Science advisor at SOUSA now at: newstudentadvising.science [at] mcgill.ca. All BSc students will be assigned a specific Science advisor by the end of June and you'll be able to find their name on the top left of your Unofficial Transcript in Minerva.
- SOUSA Advising FAQ
- How to register for courses on Minerva
- Tips for solving registration issues
- How waitlists work
- Suggested electives for new BSc students
- Information for students thinking about applying to medical school after their BSc degree
- Ressources disponibles aux étudiants francophones
- Career planning resources
- Details about tuition and student fees
If you have questions about your ACB program requirements for U1, check out the program advising information on our website.
- Activate your official McGill email address, check it regularly, and use this email when contacting offices/people at McGill.
- Do your best to put together your schedule for both the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semesters using the information at the links above and register for as many classes as you can in both semesters when registration opens for you in June (registration dates can be found here).
- You can make changes to your registration up until the Add/Drop deadline in each semester (Sept. 13 for Fall 2022 and Jan. 17 for Winter 2023), so there is plenty of time to adjust your courses as needed over the summer and once you've had a chance to contact your Science advisor at SOUSA/program advisor and attend an online information session.