If you're interested in getting research experience as an undergraduate student, the Undergraduate Research information section of the Faculty of Science website is a great place to start when looking for opportunities!
The Department also hosts an annual Undergraduate Research & Lab Recruitment Day event where you can find out more about the research being done by ACB faculty, what the life of a graduate student is like and the ways that you can get involved in research as an undergraduate. The presentation from the November 2023 event can be found here: Undergraduate Research Day - November 2023
Research Courses for Credit
- Many Major and Liberal program students will choose to do a 396 Undergraduate Research Course as part of their degree.
- These courses always count as electives and can be done in any department which offers a 396 course (i.e. ACB students aren't restricted to ANAT 396 opportunities and can do HGEN 396, PHGY 396, etc.)
- Details on the registration process for ANAT 396 can be found on our Registration page.
- Honours students will complete the ANAT 432 Honours Research Project course as a mandatory part of their program.
- This course can be completed over the Summer semester (as a full-time project) or as a full-year course over the Fall and Winter semesters (4.5 credits in each semester).
- Major or Liberal students can also request special permission to complete this course, and if granted, 3 credits will count towards their BOC requirements and 6 credits will count as electives. Please see the ACB program advisor for more information on this option.
- Details on the registration process for ANAT 432 can be found on our Registration page.