If you're interested in getting research experience as an undergraduate student, the Undergraduate Research information section of the Faculty of Science website is a great place to start when looking for opportunities!
The Career Planning Service has compiled useful information on Jobs in Research and has links to many Job Search sites for both on and off-campus opportunities.
The Department also hosts an annual Undergraduate Research & Lab Recruitment Day event where you can find out more about the research being done by ACB faculty, what the life of a graduate student is like and the ways that you can get involved in research as an undergraduate. The presentation from the March 2022 event can be found here: ACB Undergraduate Research Day 2022
Research Courses for Credit
- Many Major and Liberal program students will choose to do a 396 Undergraduate Research Course as part of their degree.
- These courses always count as electives and can be done in any department which offers a 396 course (i.e. ACB students aren't restricted to ANAT 396 opportunities and can do HGEN 396, PHGY 396, etc.)
- Details on the registration process for ANAT 396 can be found on our Registration page.
- Honours students will complete the ANAT 432 Honours Research Project course as a mandatory part of their program.
- This course can be completed over the Summer semester (as a full-time project) or as a full-year course over the Fall and Winter semesters (4.5 credits in each semester).
- Major or Liberal students can also request special permission to complete this course, and if granted, 3 credits will count towards their BOC requirements and 6 credits will count as electives. Please see the ACB program advisor for more information on this option.
- Details on the registration process for ANAT 432 can be found on our Registration page.