You are required to send us a number of legal documents, which vary according to whether you are an International student, Canadian citizen or Quebec resident.
Send in all your documents after you have accepted your offer and before you arrive on campus. This will ensure that your student record and tuition fees are up-to-date.
1) What to submit:
- International Students
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Quebec residents(Note: Usually, no documents are required if you are coming to McGill directly from a Quebec CEGEP. After you’ve registered for courses, be sure to check that your status is correct in Minerva under Student>>Student Accounts>>View Tuition and Legal Status (be sure to select your starting term from the drop down menu). If it is not correct, check the website to determine what to send to us.)
To complete your application file, we need your final marks, including confirmation of your graduation.
- If you are coming from CEGEP or are an Ontario high school student (or graduate) with an OUAC number, we’ll receive this information electronically.
- If you are graduating from another Canadian, U.S. or international high school system, you must ensure that your school or the Ministry of Education in your home province or country sends your final marks and confirmation of graduation.
- If you have written International Baccalaureate, Advanced Levels and/or AS or CAPE examinations, we must receive your final exam results directly from the appropriate Examination Board.
- If you are a transfer student or a mature student who was enrolled in studies during the current year, make sure that your current university sends a final transcript as soon as possible. You must also arrange to send course descriptions (to be uploaded in Minerva) for math and science courses.