Please note that the admission requirement of the CASPer test is suspended. This test is not required from anyone applying for September 2024 entry.
TESL - English test
Applicants to the English Second Language (TESL) program, and who meet the academic admission requirements, will be required to pass a two-part English language test, or meet the requirements to be exempted, as noted below.
Following a successful initial review of your application, and if you do not meet the exemption requirements, you will be required to register for the required test. Specific information on the test and the registration link is found at: www.mcgill.ca/dise/teachercert/tesl/prospective.
You will be exempt from sitting the tests if:
- You have attended high school and/or university, for at least four consecutive years, at an English-language institution; or
- You have attended at least three consecutive years at an English-language university in Quebec; or
- You have completed a DEC at an English-language CEGEP and/or completed Secondary IV and V in English in Quebec.
NOTE: The language test or proof or exemption must be submitted before an admission decision can be made.
Mature Applicants - interview
Mature applicants to any Education program whose applications pass initial review will be contacted for an interview.
Proof of French Proficiency
Proof of French proficiency (for applicants to the B.Sc.(N), only)
Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Applicants to the B.Sc. Rehabilitation Science (Occupational Therapy and/or Physical Therapy) are required to complete an online assessment called the CASPer test (Canadian Professional Health Sciences), as a component of the selection process.(Occupational Therapy and/or Physical Therapy) are required to complete an online assessment called the CASPer test (Canadian Professional Health Sciences), as a component of the selection process.
For a full list of test dates, please consult the CASPer website.
- It is important that you take the test in the language you are most comfortable expressing yourself.
- Your CASPer test results will be sent electronically to McGill. Please ensure that you include McGill on your CASPer distribution list.
- The CASPer ‘Snapshot’ (an extension of the CASPer Test) is NOT required for applicants to this program.
Note: you are strongly encouraged to register for your test at least three days before your preferred test date. Last minute bookings are not recommended.
Proof of French Proficiency
The School of Social Work encourages applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, racialized people, gender non-conforming and LGBTQ+ people, women, people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, and others who may face systemic barriers that impact their access to education. We invite applicants to share self-identifying and contextualizing information in their admission application in the Personal Statement or other required supporting documents.
If applying to the School of Social Work, you must submit:
The completed “Social Work Written Submission”, available at mcgill.ca/socialwork/prospective/bsw/formsmanuals. As noted on the document, all sections must be completed and then uploaded to your Minerva account under checklist item "Social Work Written Submission”.
Two social work-related confidential letters of recommendation, preferably on letterhead stationery, submitted directly by the referee via email.
For important details on these requirements and to access the format specifications, see mcgill.ca/socialwork/prospective/bsw/application