Internship Opportunity with McGill Office of Sustainability
POSITION: Graphic Design Intern (Communications Assistant C)
CONTEXT: The mission of the MOOS ( moose) is to create a culture of sustainability at McGill. MOOS aims to identify, connect and enhance efforts to incorporate principles of ecological, social and economic sustainability into the research, education, connectivity, operations, and governance & administration at McGill. We provide the institutional memory and knowledge, the network of partners, the framework for sustainability at McGill (Vision 2020), and the seed funding (Sustainability Projects Fund) to facilitate the sustainability efforts of students, faculty, and staff.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A passionate work environment with a dynamic, supportive, and caring team
- Personal and professional growth through the careful setting of your own goals
- Building a portfolio of professional-quality graphic design work
- Meaningful work that will contribute to the growth of the sustainability movement at McGill
- Being able to be, first and foremost, a student
- Create promotional and educational material for MOOS’ digital platforms
- Design posters, flyers, and signage in support of sustainability initiatives and events on campus
- Assist in designing professional documents and reports
- Assist in maintaining a cohesive visual identity for all of MOOS’ initiatives
- Collaborate with MOOS staff and interns on other graphic design tasks as needed
- Reliable, with strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated graphic design experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of sustainability initiatives and groups at McGill an asset
Students from all faculties are welcome to apply.
HOURS: 6 to 10 hours a week, from September 2019 through September 2020 (with possibility to extend)
REMUNERATION: $15.15 per hour + 4% vacation pay and compensation for Legal Holidays.
SUPERVISOR: Kelsey Litwin, Communications Officer
PLANNED STARTING DATE (flexible): Oct. 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your C.V., cover letter, and three examples of your past graphic design work to kelsey.litwin [at] mcgill.ca in PDF format entitled firstname_lastname_CV, firstname_lastname_cover letter, and firstname_lastname_portfolio with subject line: Graphic Design Intern. Deadline to apply is Sept. 22, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Kelsey Litwin, Communications Officer (514) 398-5338, kelsey.litwin [at] mcgill.ca. Click here to download the full job description. See also: Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
The McGill Office of Sustainability (MOOS) values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, people identifying as LGBTTQI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirited, queer, intersex), members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people with disabilities to apply. Please indicate if you consider yourself to be a member of one of these groups and would like to be considered as such for the purpose of this hiring process.