Important: the deadline for this program is approaching. To qualify for funding, all applications must be submitted by Monday, May 3rd at 10:00 AM.
The Office of Innovation and Partnerships (I+P) is launching its second call of the I+P Partnership Program for 2021-2022 to encourage collaborations and implement the diffusion of innovation between McGill research teams and Québec based companies for research in all disciplines. This program is supported by Québec’s Ministère de l’Éducation and the Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur.
The program supports collaborations with Quebec-based industry, and will match contributions from company partners up to $50,000. While other universities may be involved, the lead application must be a full time McGill University faculty member.
Note that this program is open to all researchers at McGill and affiliated hospitals: Jewish General Hospital, Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital, RI-MUHC, Montreal General Hospital, Douglas Hospital and the other research centres in the MCGill University network.
The first year of the program saw many applications, with grants awarded to researchers from the following Faculties (with corresponding Department indicated):
- Faculty of Medicine: Family Medicine, Nursing, Oncology, Biochemistry, Psychiatry, Surgery, Biomedical Engineering, Epidemiology & Biostatics
- Faculty of Dentistry: Health and Society
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences: Human Nutrition, Plant Sciences
- Faculty of Science: School of computer science, Chemistry
- Faculty of Engineering: Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Music: Music Research
Full details can be found in these guidelines. Complete applications packages are available through this link: i-p-program-instructions-template-2021-2022_final.docx. Please submit completed applications to innovation_partnerships.oip [at] mcgill.ca (the I+P office). For more information you may also contact rina.cohen [at] mcgill.ca.