This page provides information on Policies, Regulations, Directives, Standards and other governing documents relating to Information Technology at McGill. Other governing documents relating to the University can be viewed on the Secretariat website.
The difference between Policies, Regulations & Directives is defined in the Policy for the Development and Review of Governing Documents.
High level definitions:
- Policies & Regulations are governing documents that have been approved by a governing body at the University (Board or Senate).
- Directives are approved by the executive sponsor or delegate, and are not subject to following a particular format.
- Standards are a McGill mandatory requirement, code of practice, or specification.
All of McGill
- Policy on the Responsible Use of McGill Information Technology Resources (2020)
- Companion guide to the Responsible Use Policy
- Enrolment Services Information Security Reminder (2019)
Faculty & staff
- Policy on Data Governance (2020)
- Standard on Enterprise Data Classification (2020)
- Standard on Enterprise Data Governance (2020)
IT asset management
- IT Asset Management Regulation (2015)
- Companion guide to the IT Asset Management Regulation
- McGill University Digital Media Sanitation Guidelines (2016)
Please see All of McGill tab for additional policies, regulations, directives and standards.