As part of the Microsoft Office 365 offering, Microsoft Teams is a chat-based collaboration space that allows a group of people to communicate and organize information in a single area. It creates a central location where you can:
- Stay in the know with real-time information and updates shared in persistent team conversations, private chats (these can be moderated, if needed), team meetings, and other channels.
- Get your team on the same page with group chat, online meetings, calling, and web conferencing.
- Co-author files and share resources with built-in Office 365 apps.
- Create meaningful projects and assignments, provide transparent guidance, and share rich feedback.
How to access MS Teams? There are 3 ways:
- Desktop: The Teams Desktop client provides the best experience. The desktop app is available at https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads.
- Mobile: Download Teams app on your smartphone or tablet from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Web: Login to the McGill Office 365 portal and click on the Teams icon to get started.
Note: you will need to log in with your McGill Username and Password.
Ready to start using MS Teams? Watch these quicks videos to learn how to create your team:
Need to create an online meeting, presentation or video calls? Watch these quick videos below to get you started.
NOTE: These videos do not include Powerpoint Live/ advanced presenter mode features.
Want to do a quick chat or call? Watch these quicks videos on how-to:
Want a quick overview of MS Teams? Watch these quick videos and visit the interactive website:
Need to understand more about MS Teams? Refer to the following website:
- Use Minerva to register for online training:
- Use MS Booking to schedule an appointment with an IT expert about:
- MS Teams: Best practices (30 minutes)
- MS Teams: Q & A (30 minutes)
- Contact the IT Service Desk for quick questions by phone (514) 398-3398.