Reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, McGill University IT Services (ITS) serves McGill students, faculty, academic and administrative support staff, and alumni. We are composed of seven units that work together to provide comprehensive IT Services (including Wi-Fi, email, campus printing, software, and more) as well as client care (such as the IT Service Desk, IT Knowledge Base, and IT Project management and delivery) to the McGill community:
- IT Customer Services (ICS)
- Application Services for for Academic, Students & Research (AS-ASR)
- Application Services for Finance & Administration (AS-FA)
- Network & Communication Services (NCS)
- IT Communications (ITCOM)
- Shared Platform & Development Services (SPDS)
- IT Architecture, Project Management & Governance (APMG)
We have also appointed Account Managers for our key McGill executive stakeholders of the following groups: Academic, Admin and Finance, Communications, and Faculties and Research. The account managers are the primary focal for their respective stakeholders, provide regular visibility on the progress of IT initiatives; engage in proactive discussions on upcoming IT trends, business vision, needs, and priority clarifications; and help streamline the fulfilment of their IT needs by contacting the right IT team at the right time.
For a full list of our services, refer to the IT Service Catalogue.
IT Services general telephone number: 514-398-7979
IT Support /Service Desk: 514-398-3398