(Please note that EEOs have different eligibility guidelines than other CCR opportunities. For more information, see the EEO FAQs on the myInvolvement knowledge base.)
For student participants to be recognized on the McGill CCR, the opportunities must meet the following guidelines:
- are overseen by McGill University staff, faculty, or recognized student organizations.
- Student organizations must be affiliated directly with a student government organization, a faculty, or directly with a McGill administrative unit to register with myInvolvement and recognize student participants on the CCR.
- must have a learning component.
- are not a degree requirement or required as part of an academic course.
- are not recognized on the academic transcript.
- are unpaid or paid a stipend of less than $1000 per academic year. (An exception is made for Faculty-approved EEOs that receive payment or stipends.)
- meet a 4-hour minimum for volunteer positions/service opportunities. (There is not a minimum time requirement for workshops.)
McGill's CCR is composed of five sections. Depending upon the opportunity you want to have recognized, it will fall under one of the following five categories:
- Activity-Based Awards (select awards that are not recognized on the academic transcript)
- Campus and Community Engagement (volunteering, mentorship, tutoring, etc.)
- Enriched Educational Opportunities (non-credit, experiential opportunities approved by Faculties)
- Personal and Professional Development (workshops, research lectures, etc.)
- Student-Led Initiatives (student government positions, SSMU services, student-led workshops, etc.)
To view a sample CCR, please consult our Sample Co-Curricular Record.
Administrative units and recognized student organizations on campus may request to have their eligible opportunities recorded on the CCR.
Data Security and Student Information
McGill University takes student privacy and data security seriously. Attendance and volunteer lists are considered confidential student information that should be stored and transferred in accordance with McGill policies.
- Event attendance may be uploaded directly into the myInvolvement event attendance module.
- Do not send any student information via email. Lists of student participants can be transferred to us by completing the CCR Event Attendance / Volunteer List Submission Form (must sign in with your McGill credentials).
- Never store student information in cloud systems that have not been authorized by McGill IT, such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Please read the McGill Cloud Data Directive to learn where and how student data may be stored and transferred.