ID Request Procedure
- Please submit your request for a new or replacement staff McGill ID card through Workday, after logging into McGill's VPN. From Workday's Home Landing Page, click on Requests in the Applications section.
From this new screen you will be able to see any in-progress requests you have made as well as create new requests by clicking on Create Request in the Actions menu.
- ID Cards will be issued twice a week. Employees will be advised when the card has been processed.
- Cards can be picked up at 680 Sherbrooke, Suite 1520, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. Contact 514-398-8000 if you have questions.
- If building or workspace access is needed, the employee should contact the administration of their Faculty or Unit to request it be applied to their new card. Employees who were issued a white temporary access card must return the card to their Faculty/Unit once they receive their staff ID card.
Rules for carrying your I.D.
- All active faculty and staff must carry their ID cards at all times when on campus. All retired and emeritus faculty members should keep their ID card for continued access to libraries or certain buildings.
- Your McGill ID card remains the property of the University at all times. If your employment is terminated, you must return your card to Human Resources without delay.
- Staff ID cards are required to access a number of services such as libraries, equipment and video loans, athletic facilities and to enter buildings after business hours.
More information can be obtained by calling Human Resources Reception at 398-8000.
If you lose your card, or if it's stolen
- Immediately contact Security at 514-398-3731 to report the loss, so they can deactivate access.
- Contact Human Resources Reception at 398-8000 for a free replacement. In priority cases, you will receive your card following the remote procedure. In other cases, cards will be issued when regular on-campus activity resumes.