Please ensure that you have received and read all the instructions in the offer of your award and in the relevant Award Holder's Guide in order to know what forms are required, where they should be submitted, and deadline date.
Every student receiving an award/fellowship must submit their Direct Deposit information via the Student Accounts Menu on Minerva (in sections "payroll-related" and "student-related"). If you are unable to enter the banking information please contact: Student Accounts. Incomplete banking or address information will result in delayed payments.
- Fund Opening/Renewal Approval Form for External Fellowships and Awards (except NSERC or SSHRC graduate awards)
- Tri-Council Graduate Award Payment Request (NSERC/SSHRC or CIHR graduate Master's and PhD awards)
- Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) Activation of Award - Form A (Master's awards)
- Copy of proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- (NSERC/SSHRC) Include copy of the Agency's Notice of Award
- (CIHR) Include copy of the Agency's Authorization For Funding
- McGill Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Fellowhip Payment Request (Vineberg Travel and McGill Convocation Awards)
- McGill University Award Certification Form (Postdocs only)
According to the Agency Award Holder’s Guide, GPS Graduate Funding must confirm your ongoing eligibility each year.
To do so we require that you submit a copy of your GPS Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking Form two weeks prior to the anniversary of the start of your award.
Once completed and signed, please submit by email to graduatefunding [dot] gps [at] mcgill [dot] ca (graduatefunding [dot] gps [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
Award Holder's Guides
- General Award Holder's Guide (for McGill Fellowships)
- NSERC Award Holder's Guide
- CIHR Award Holder's Guide
- SSHRC Award Holder's Guide
- Tomlinson Postdoctoral Fellowship Award Holder's Guide