Please ensure that you have received and read all the instructions in the offer of your award and in the relevant Award Holder's Guide in order to know what forms are required, where they should be submitted, and deadline date.
Every student receiving an award/fellowship must submit their Direct Deposit information via the Student Accounts Menu on Minerva (in sections "payroll-related" and "student-related"). If you are unable to enter the banking information please contact: Student Accounts. Incomplete banking or address information will result in delayed payments.
- Tri-Council Doctoral Award and Payment activation
- CGS Harmonized Masters Award and Payment activation
- Banting Postdoctoral Award and Payment activation
- Fund Opening/Renewal Approval Form for External Fellowships and Awards (except NSERC or SSHRC graduate awards).
- During each award year, if your research involves human or animal subjects, you MUST include applicable VALID Ethics and/or Compliance Certificates.
- You must RENEW your award every year at least 30 days before the anniversary of your award to avoid delays in payment.
- Tri-Council Graduate Award Payment Request (NSERC/SSHRC or CIHR graduate Master's and PhD awards)
- Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master's (CGS M) Activation of Award - Form A (Master's awards)
- Copy of proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- (NSERC/SSHRC) Include copy of the Agency's Notice of Award
- (CIHR) Include copy of the Agency's Authorization For Funding
- McGill University Award Certification Form (Postdocs only)
Annual Progress Tracking Reports
According to the Agency Award Holder’s Guide, GPS Graduate Funding must confirm your ongoing eligibility each year. To do so we require that you submit a copy of your GPS Graduate Student Research Progress Tracking Form, complete it with required signatures, and return it at least eight weeks prior to the anniversary of your award start date.
Once completed and signed, please submit by email to graduatefunding [dot] gps [at] mcgill [dot] ca (graduatefunding [dot] gps [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
Failure to submit a progress report will result in award payments being suspended until a satisfactory progress report is received.
Award Holder's Guides
- General Award Holder's Guide (for McGill Awards and Fellowships)
- NSERC Award Holder's Guide
- CIHR Award Holder's Guide
- SSHRC Award Holder's Guide