All you Care to Eat Mandatory Meal Plan!
Welcome to the worry-free meal plan.
Unlimited dine-in meals
Flexible and convenient
Never run out of funds
The Mandatory Meal Plan applies to all students in undergraduate residences (except Solin Hall and MORE Houses) and it is assigned in conjunction with the building assignment.
If you are assigned the Mandatory Meal Plan, you do not have the option to opt out.
How it works
The AYCTE meal plan offers residence students unlimited access to the dining halls, with no restrictions on how often you enter, or what you eat. Simply swipe your McGill ID card upon entering the dining hall and enjoy as much as you care to eat.
You have unlimited access to the five dining halls and it is valid from move-in until your lease ends on April 30, 2024.
Benefits of All You Care to Eat Meal Plan
- Offers residence students the opportunity to swipe your card at the entrance of the dining halls and enjoy as much as you care to eat while at the location!
It’s super flexible and convenient!
- Enhances the community feel by focusing on communal dining. This plan offers unlimited dine-in meals giving you the opportunity to connect with friends.
- Eliminates the burden of choosing meals based on price and allows you to focus on individual nutritional needs and personal preferences.
- Caters to your food preferences with a variety of hot and self-serve stations. Weekly menus include delicious, local and freshly prepared home-cooked meals.
- You'll have the opportunity to sample new foods and cuisines.
- Supports our strong commitment to sustainability by eliminating all single-use beverage and takeout containers, disposable cutlery and retail style packaging.
- Aligns with McGill’s goal of becoming zero waste by 2035.
The mandatory AYCTE meal plan offers residence students unlimited access to the dining halls, with no restrictions on how often you enter, or what you eat. Simply swipe your card upon entering the dining hall and enjoy as much as you care to eat.
A variety of hot and self-serve stations are offered in the dining halls, and all meals are dine-in. Daily and weekly menus of delicious, freshly prepared home cooked meals to meet the needs of our diverse population are featured. These include vegan, vegetarian and made-without-gluten food options.
The menus on the AYCTE meal plan pay close attention to the top allergens, and we offer students who need special dietary attention options that take these into account.
This plan is mandatory for all downtown resident students living in the traditional and hotel style residences.
What happens to students who are not on the mandatory meal plan? Can they come and eat in the dining halls too?
Our dining halls are open to anyone on campus, including non-residence students, staff and faculty. Simply pay a flat meal fee for a one-time, all-you-care-to-eat visit.
Leftover funds of $100 or more were transferred over to the oneCard account in May 2023.
Not on the Mandatory Meal Plan?
Everyone is welcome at our All You Care to Eat dining halls. Simply pay the entry fee and enjoy as much as you care to eat of our home cooked, freshly prepared meals.
|Entrance Price per Meal Period|
|Breakfast||$9.95 + tx|
|Lunch||$12.95 + tx|
|Dinner||$14.95 + tx|