Tap and Go!
Easy and cashless transactions using your McGill ID card
What's the oneCard account all about?
- oneCard is a taxable account that is linked to the McGill ID card allowing students to easily purchase food on and off campus, without the hassle of carrying cash and debit/credit cards.
- Your oneCard account is accepted in over 20 on and off campus locations including All You Care to Eat dining halls.
- Your oneCard account is active the entire time you are a McGill student.
- Any unused oneCard dollars are refundable once you leave the university and upon written request to food.fds [at] mcgill.ca.
- Visit the oneCard page to learn more on the where to use this account.
How to activate your oneCard account
Through the secure oneCard Management Site, the minimum buy-in is $50. Payments can be made by either Visa or MasterCard.
When you deplete your funds, you can easily top-up your oneCard account at any time through the secure oneCard website.
Special considerations for residence students (Downtown)
If you are an undergraduate Residence student living downtown, your oneCard account is already activated with $500. This initial charge will appear on your September student fees account.
Your oneCard account will be used for on-campus retail food locations, food deliveries to your residences, off-campus food purchases and on-campus vending machines.
Special considerations for residence students (MacDonald Campus)
If you are an undergraduate Residence student living on Macdonald campus, your oneCard account is already active with $300. This initial charge will appear on your September student fees account.
Your oneCard account will be used for laundry services in residences, a meal plan allowing you to purchase food on and off campus including All You Care to Eat dining halls, and on-campus vending machines.