Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
The Future of Finance: From Cryptocurrencies to Responsible Investing — A Conversation with Industry Experts
Join this panel discussion to learn more about the current state of the Canadian financial sector and discover how technology and sustainability – major transformative forces – are reshaping the world of finance today. The panelists will share their insights and examine the current trends, such as cryptocurrencies and opportunities/challenges they present; the use of artificial intelligence in financial transactions; the ever-increasing importance of responsible investing and ESG (environment, social and governance) factors; as well as what these developments mean for the future of the financial services industry.
The participating industry experts will address the following questions:
- Which Fintech sectors have the most potential for growth in the next 5 and 10 years?
- What are the main challenges for Fintech entrepreneurs and how can they overcome them?
- How is technology impacting responsible investing?
- Why did the ESG factors become a driving force in the world of finance?
- Which technology/Fintech capability will have the greatest impact on the Canadian financial system?
- What skills and expertise are needed to succeed in your respective fields of Fintech?
- Despite the big hype, are “crypto assets” suitable as investments? As the industry evolves, what is likely to happen to the Fintech stock?
- How will the markets react once a complete regulatory framework (and possibly a Central Bank Digital Currency) is in place in most developed economies?
- Jonathan Lepine, CFA, MBA, Senior Advisor, National Bank of Canada and Fintech Committee Member, CFA Montreal
- Karina Riviello, Head of University Relations, Fintech Cadence
- Bena Lands, LLM, M.Sc., Principal Economist: Fintech Research and Policy, Bank of Canada
- Eduardo Lima, CFA, PhD, Faculty Lecturer and Academic Program Coordinator, McGill University