2013 Summer Courses in Intellectual Property
Intellectual Property (Patents, Trade - Marks, and Copyright)
Join us this summer!
Since 1994, the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and McGill University have gathered some of the best practitioners in the field to conduct a series of intensive, practical summer courses in intellectual property. More than 2000 professionals from the business, legal and public sectors have gained valuable insight and hands-on strategies by participating in our unique summer program. Our introductory and advanced courses offer you an excellent opportunity to network with individuals from diverse backgrounds who like you, have an interest in Canadian intellectual property.
Understanding Patents: July 22 – July 26, 2013
- Learn how to protect inventions using the patent system.
- Obtain a patent and manage a patent portfolio.
- Establish a patenting, licensing & enforcement strategy.
Understanding Trade-marks: July 29 – August 2, 2013
- Select and protect valuable trade-marks.
- Manage a trade-mark portfolio efficiently.
- Obtain protection abroad.
Managing Trade-mark Disputes: August 7 – 9, 2013
- Defend contentious proceedings before the Trade-marks Office.
- Understand litigation before the courts.
- Manage disputes involving the Internet.
Copyright Master Class: August 7 – 9, 2013
- Secure and enforce copyright.
- Navigate through key issues in the entertainment and publishing fields.
- Gain in-depth knowledge on copyright in information technology.