To meet the growing demand for skilled data science and AI professionals, training in these fields just became even more accessible. The McGill School of Continuing Studies and Scale AI, an investment and innovation hub that accelerates the rapid adoption and integration of artificial intelligence, are delighted to announce changes to the funding for professional development programs in data science which aim to develop in-demand skills in data analytics, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
As part of the changes effective February 22, 2021, Scale AI will fund 50% of tuition fees for eligible students who meet specific criteria and register in any of the following programs or courses offered by the McGill School of Continuing Studies:
- Professional Development Certificate in Data Analytics for Business
- Professional Development Certificate in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Professional Development Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Data Visualization and Storytelling with Tableau Workshop
- Understanding Blockchain: Beyond the Hype
For customized digital intelligence training offered by McGill SCS, eligible organizations will be able to receive a refund of up to 85% of eligible expenses upon approval of their training project by Scale AI.
This funding agreement will last for as long as funds are available (depending on the level of demand).
To be eligible for Scale AI financial aid, students/participants must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Canada
- Be employed
- Provide your consent for McGill to share your information with representatives of Scale AI, the MTESS and the government of Quebec of the information provided.
To qualify for the discount, you must provide the following information at the time of registration into one of the accredited courses:
- First/Last Name
- Email Address
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Québec enterprise number (NEQ) for individuals employed in Quebec only*
- Consent for McGill to share information with Scale AI
To find your company’s NEQ, visit http://www.registreentreprises.gouv.qc.ca/en/a_propos/neq/default.aspx
For more information, write to pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca
About Scale AI
Scale AI is an investment and innovation hub that accelerates the rapid adoption and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and contributes to the development of a world-class Canadian AI ecosystem.
As one of Canada's five innovation super-clusters, supported by nearly 120 industry partners, research institutes and other players in the AI field, Scale AI develops programs to support investment projects of companies that implement real-world applications in AI, the rising of future Canadian flagships in the sector, as well as the development of a skilled workforce.
Learn more at scaleai.ca
Updated March 2021*