To meet the growing demand for skilled data science and AI professionals, training in these fields just became more accessible. The McGill School of Continuing Studies and Scale AI, an investment and innovation hub that accelerates the rapid adoption and integration of artificial intelligence, are delighted to announce new funding for professional development programs in data science which aim to develop in-demand skills in data analytics, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
As part of the agreement, beginning in February, Scale AI will fund a portion of tuition fees for eligible students who meet specific criteria and register in any of the following programs or courses offered by the McGill School of Continuing Studies:
- Professional Development Certificate in Data Analytics for Business
- Professional Development Certificate in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Professional Development Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Data Visualization and Storytelling with Tableau Workshop
- Understanding Blockchain: Beyond the Hype
Eligible students will receive a 25% rebate on tuition fees.
For customized digital intelligence training offered by McGill SCS, eligible organizations will be able to receive a refund of up to 85% of eligible expenses for the first $100,000 and 50% for the balance upon approval of their training project by Scale AI.
This funding agreement will last for as long as funds are available (depending on the level of demand).
Speaking at a breakfast and info session held recently by Scale AI and the McGill School of Continuing Studies to announce the partnership, CEO of Scale AI, Julien Billot, highlighted the financial contribution of Quebec’s Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale and commented on the new initiative. “Scale AI provides support to develop artificial and digital intelligence skills in order to foster the emergence of a strong AI industry and train thousands of workers in the years ahead. The McGill School of Continuing Studies is a leading institution, offering relevant and quality training in AI. By funding 25% of registration fees for students in advanced programs, we encourage professionals to seek training that will open a multitude of new career opportunities and expertise.”
Watch highlights from the event in this video.
To be eligible for Scale AI financial aid, students/participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be employed in Quebec
- By a company registered in Quebec (with Québec enterprise number (NEQ) - a ten-digit numerical identifier) at the time of taking the course/training workshop
- Not receive any other government financial assistance related to training and have attested to this fact at your institution; and
- Provide your consent for McGill to share your information with representatives of Scale AI, the MTESS and the government of Quebec of the information provided.
Employees of the following organizations are not eligible for Scale AI financial aid:
- a ministry OR organization of the Quebec government whose personnel is appointed and remunerated under Quebec’s Public Service Act
- a political party or association
- a department or an organization under federal government jurisdiction; or
- appointed and remunerated under Quebec’s Public Service Act
To qualify for the discount, you must provide the following information:
- First/Last Name
- Job Title
- Email Address
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Québec enterprise number (NEQ)
- Employment Confirmation Letter from your organization
- Consent for McGill to share information with Scale AI
To find your company’s NEQ, visit http://www.registreentreprises.gouv.qc.ca/en/a_propos/neq/default.aspx
About Scale AI
Scale AI is an investment and innovation hub that accelerates the rapid adoption and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and contributes to the development of a world-class Canadian AI ecosystem.
As one of Canada's five innovation super-clusters, supported by nearly 120 industry partners, research institutes and other players in the AI field, Scale AI develops programs to support investment projects of companies that implement real-world applications in AI, the rising of future Canadian flagships in the sector, as well as the development of a skilled workforce.
Learn more at scaleai.ca