Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
French Summer Courses
McGill’s French language courses are specifically designed to help you improve your French language and communication skills in a stimulating environment.
In these courses, you will learn to communicate orally in French in a variety of situations. You will gain confidence in your ability to express yourself and interact with native French speakers.
You will also explore the multicultural city of Montreal along with your classmates as you discover the cultural, historical, and culinary treasures this multicultural city has to offer.
Take your French to the next level and enjoy this unique cultural and linguistic experience!
Type: Summer Courses Courses: 2 (Beginner or Elementary) Credits: Non-transcript Schedule: July 10-28, 2023
Monday-Thursday: Classes from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Friday: Conversation practice and outings
Delivery: In-person Unit: Global and Strategic Communication Questions? language.conted [at] mcgill.ca
- Daily classes from Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with McGill French language teachers
- Conversation practice and interactive revision sessions on Friday mornings
- Outings with class monitors on Friday afternoons
The program is designed to enable you to:
- Improve your French language and communication skills
- Refine your pronunciation and listening skills
- Interact with native French speakers in and outside of the classroom
- Gain confidence communicating in French
A beginner student has no or very little knowledge of French. They may be able to introduce themselves (name, age, occupation) but are unable to communicate efficiently beyond this point.
An elementary-level student can communicate about simple, everyday topics such as very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, and employment. They can talk in simple terms about their background, their immediate environment, and they can express basic requests to meet their immediate needs.*
July 10 - July 28, 2023
Tuition and Ancillary Fees: $1649.00 CAD
- 36 hours of instruction time by French language teachers
- 9 hours of conversation practice with class monitors
- 15 hours of outings and cultural activities
- Teaching material and 24/7 access to an online learning platform
- Level assessment
- Academic support
Optional (not included):
- Weekend trip to Quebec City
- Weekday outings and activities with other McGill School of Continuing Studies students
How to Register
Registration and payment for your course is to be completed online.
Registration deadline : May 15, 2023
Follow these easy steps to register:
- Select the link of the course you would like to register to.
- Click on the plus sign (+) under Section(s) offered.
- Click Add to Cart and follow the on-screen commands to process your registration (purchase checkout) and payment by credit card (Mastercard or Visa).
If you need assistance with your registration process, feel free to contact Client Services: info.conted [at] mcgill.ca