Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
McGill SCS Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management is an introduction to the competencies and specialized functions needed to carry out effective human resources management. Areas of focus include organizational behaviour, strategic human resources management, legal frameworks, occupational health and safety, and equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
You may also be interested in McGill SCS Graduate Certificate in Advanced Human Resources Management
Type: Graduate Certificate Courses: 5 Credits: 15 Time: Weekday evenings and Saturday mornings Delivery: In person Unit: Administration and Governance domain Questions? info.conted [at] mgill.ca
Message from the Academic Program Coordinator
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management.
I have worked as a consultant, helping small and medium enterprises optimize their HRM practices, as well as a career counsellor, assisting professionals find their best career pathway. These experiences instilled in me an understanding of what the best programs are to meet the objectives of the industry and the goals of our learners. As the academic program coordinator for the last decade, I have worked on designing and teaching courses and delivering excellent programs - my newest passion.
We aim to offer you a short and comprehensive HRM program made specifically to meet your professional needs in order to enhance your career. Our program has been revamped to be aligned with the professional competencies needed for a human resources management professional. The instructors teaching the program aim for academic excellence by applying hands-on and practical perspectives based on a solid theoretical background.
Please do not hesitate to communicate with me for any further information.
Maha Daoud, CHRP, M.Sc, M.Ed,
Academic Program Coordinator of Human Resources Management
Who Should Attend
This program is a good fit for you if you are:
- Early and mid-career professionals with an undergraduate degree in any discipline who want to begin a career as a human resources professional or move to a mid-level position as a human resources manager.
The program is designed to enable you to:
- Apply theories of organizational behaviour
- Analyze the value and effectiveness of HR management
- Learn and apply the legal aspects of HRM
- Deal with complex HR decisions through an ethical perspective
- Approach HRM strategically and holistically
- Perform HR planning, recruitment, and selection
CORG 653 Employee and Labour Relations (3 credits)
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an approved university with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or 3.2/4.0 in the last two years of full-time academic studies.
- Applicants must provide proof of English Language proficiency.
The graduates of this program will be well positioned for roles such as:
- HR Generalist
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Onboarding Specialist
- Diversity and Inclusion Specialist