As an international student, you know that you have unique needs when it comes to looking for work during and after your studies at McGill. You may have many questions about the Canadian job market or how to navigate through the job search, as well as how to prepare a Canadian CV and cover letter. We, at the McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS), are here to help you find your way.
Please note that CaPS and McGill do not endorse any particular websites/services; the listing is for your information only.
We recommend that you workshops tailored for you, whether your goal is finding a summer/part time job or a permanent post-graduation position: Upcoming worships
- For a full listing of workshops, and to register for a workshop, please log-in into myFuture -> Events.
- To make an appointment with a career advisor to discuss your career direction/options, call 514-398-3304.
McGill International Student Services (ISS) provides immigration-related information to international students wanting to work in Canada during their studies, in the summer or after graduation (such as on and off-campus work, internships or co-op work, and the post-graduation work permit). For more information, consult: ISS Student Work & Work Permits.
ISS also offers information sessions, guidance, workshops and webinars on topics such as:
- International student work, work permits and SINs
- Post graduation work permit
- Intro to intercultural communication
- Permanent residence info sessions (hosted by Immigration Quebec and Immigration Canada)
- And many others – see ISS Events and Workshops for details
If you have questions about immigration and visas, visit the following sites:
Consult the following resources for information on employment: