As an international student, you know that you have unique needs when it comes to looking for work during and after your studies at McGill. You may have many questions about the Canadian job market or how to navigate through the job search, as well as how to prepare a Canadian CV and cover letter. We, at the McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS), are here to help you find your way.
We recommend that you attend one of the workshops tailored for you depending on your goal of finding a summer/part time job or a permanent post-graduation position. The workshops are entitled:
- International students: Adapting to the Canadian job market
Workshop where you can learn how to make the cultural transition to the Canadian job market
- International Students: Finding a student job
Workshop where you will be exposed with the tools and resources of finding a summer/part time job.
You can also meet with a career advisor to discuss your career direction/options. To make an appointment, please call 514-398-3304.
For a quick CV or cover letter review, or if you have a quick career related question, please come in during the drop-in hours.
McGill International Student Services (ISS) provides assistance to international students on obtaining off-campus and post-graduate work permits. For more info: Student Work Permit Options
In addition to the work permit information, McGill International Student Services also offers information sessions, guidance and workshops to international students. Some of the worship topics are:
- Off-campus work permits
- How to work in Canada after graduation
- Toolbox for international student working in Canada
- Permanent residency.
- Study in Canada: Visas, Work and Immigration for International Students (Government of Canada)
- International PhD students or graduates: Want to stay in Canada permanently? (Government of Canada)
- Immigrating to Quebec (Gouvernement du Québec)
Check out the resources below to finance your studies.
- Government of Canada - International Scholarships
Funding opportunities for students and researchers.
- International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search (IEFA)
A resource for financial aid, scholarship and grant information for US and international students studying abroad.
- CaPS Externatl Scholarships Database
Scholarship and awards from organizations outside McGill.