Why is this important?
A lot of effort has already been invested in building and optimizing the digital tools available to all McGillians. Is the content you are thinking about writing already online?
- People read very little on Web pages.
- If you display only what's necessary, your users will have a better understanding of what's really important.
- Use existing resources and tools to save time and money.
Checklist of things to do
- Align with your users' interests
- Kill the welcome mat
- Remove unnecessary information
- Avoid duplicating content
- Build on existing resources and content whenever possible
- Blah-Blah Text: Keep, Cut, or Kill?
- A New Year’s resolution you can stick to? Site content auditing!
- A (Very Simple) Sample Menu
- The Paradox of Choice
- Draft a Blueprint
- The paradox of choice : why more is less by Barry Schwartz
- Information architecture: the design and integration of information spaces by Wei Ding, Xia Lin, and Michael Zarro
- User experience toolkit
- Website Carbon Calculator