Why is this important?
We can learn a lot from each other when we share lessons learned from our successes and challenges.
When analytics data is shared with the design team, a subtler and more sophisticated user-experience design can emerge (Wiggins, 2008, p. 20).
Be transparent. Sharing mistakes will prevent others from making them.
We're always happy to publish your success stories on our website!
Checklist of things to do
- Document your achievements and mistakes
- Share your research and documentation with colleagues
- Collect users' feedback
- Have a multidisciplinary team
- Information architecture: Data‐driven design: Using web analytics to validate heuristics system by Andrea Wiggins
- web.communications [at] mcgill.ca (Share your achievements and research)