In the fast-paced digital realm we're bombarded with endless information and choices. A timeless mantra shines through the chaos: "Less is more." This principle, popularized in architecture but now a guiding light in web design, suggests that simplicity can yield greater impact. By decluttering our websites at McGill, we can create content that is easy to navigate and is tailored to our user requirements.
The following is a collection of articles to help you optimize your sites. These resources will help you improve site usability and make site maintenance easier. You'll also be better prepared for upcoming changes to site and content management processes, such as our Drupal 9 upgrade.
Site content auditing resources
Looking to reduce clutter on your website and make your web management process more efficient? Check out our Web Services resources below:
- Article: Why you need an audit
- Article: Spring cleaning: site content auditing!
- Article: Make a clean sweep! How to archive old, outdated content
- Article: Saying goodbye to Quick Links
- Article: Discontinuation of Nivo Sliders on WMS websites
- Content audit worksheet
- McGill's Digital Standards: Less is more
- User experience toolkit