Book air travel in person, by phone or by email with Vision Travel (fee applies)
Details on how to book through Vision Travel refer to https://www.mcgill.ca/travelservices/transport/book-air/4-steps-book-air
McGill negotiated discounts are only available when you purchase through Vision Travel and only apply for University related activities being funded through the University
Or book online: VisionLink, an online booking tool provided by Vision Travel - see Booking Instructions below (fee applies)
VisionLink Online Booking instructions - register only if traveling for University related activities being funded through the University
- Log-in to your profile onVisionLink
- New User? Create a profile - only info required for profile creation: name, gender, language, faculty/unit, email, office telephone number and date of birth
- Once your profile has been activated, there is a delay of ~ 10 minutes for synchronization. Please wait before proceeding. Then you may enter the site and proceed with your search and purchase of airline tickets
- For further details check the User Guide or refer to the online booking training modules
- For questions and support contact call 1-877-385-6415 or obt [at] visionvoyages.ca
- FOAPAL authorization form - airline tickets only booked via Vision Travel - Uniglobe Travel - House of Travel
- Personal credit card
To pay by FOAPAL:
- Complete the form, email or fax it to the travel agent who will send to McGill’s Travel Desk along with the invoice
- The Travel Desk will set up the charge as a Third Party Payment Advance on your behalf
- The Advance must be submitted along with all pertinent expenses on an expense report within 30 working days following the completion of the trip
- Please note that tickets will not be issued against a FOAPAL unless the form is properly completed and signed by all parties as indicated
- There is a fee when using a Travel Company. See Fee Schedule (sign-in required). One service fee per trip, a trip includes the air, hotel and car (if applicable)
University related travel from all sources of funding must follow the guiding principles.
See the Reimbursement of Expenses Guide for more information.
The Advances & Expense Reports Menu is available to Employees, Students and Finance (FIS) Users in their respective Minerva tabs. For detailed information on how to use it, please consult the Financial Services Knowledge Base.