Studenting: the Podcast For, By, and About McGill Students!
Hosted by student staff and produced by Student Services, Studenting explores how McGill students can live their best life beyond the classroom. Hosts Derah (B.C. '22), Rosa (B.A. '22), and Margaret (B.A. 23) interview guests from McGill's faculty, staff, and student populations, asking the questions that students want to know the answers to.
Our second season looks at building community. We talk to the students and administrators who are fostering connection across campus. How do you make friends? What are some ways to find your group? And how can we work together to make sure our campus is welcoming and accessible?
Season 2 Episodes:
- Finding Community in Residences with Megan Uderian (Floor Fellow) and Cyndi Owen (Local Wellness Advisor for Residences). Transcript available.
- Building Accessible Communities with Bella Scurfield (Office for Students with Disabilities) and Macy and Hannah, two students from the OSD's Peer Mentorship Program. Transcript available.
- Black Student Community with Rele Orimalade, president of the Black Students Network, Hassanatou Koulibaly, president of the McGill African Student Society, and Melissa Ann Cobbler, an Access Advisor from the Student Wellness Hub. Transcript available.
- Finding Community as an International Student with Aditi Singhal, Communications Assistant at International Student Services (ISS), and Emily Love, Manager of Student Programming and Communications at ISS. Transcript available.
- Queer History: 2S&LGBTQ+ Community at McGill with Brooklyn Frizzle (Queer McGill) and Margot Nossal (Local Wellness Advisor for 2S&LGBTQ+ students). Transcript available.
- Community at Mac Campus with Patricia Kamara (Dietetics and Human Nutrition Undergraduate Society), Meha Sharma (Postgraduate Students Society Mac Campus Commissioner) and Shannon Walsh (Local Wellness Advisor). Transcript available.
- Faith & Interfaith Community at McGill with Khadija Ahmed (Muslim Law Students Association), Mary Zhang (Secular Students Alliance), Nancy Kaul (McGill Dharma Society) and Carlene Gardner (McGill Office of Religious and Spiritual Life). Transcript available.
Don't forget to check out Season 1 for conversations all about student life and wellbeing!
Don't see the app you use? student.services [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Studenting%3A%20Podcast%20app%20request) (Let us know!)