Studenting: the Podcast For, By, and About McGill Students!
Hosted by student staff and produced by Student Services, Studenting explores how McGill students can live their best life beyond the classroom. Hosts Derah (B.C. '22) and Rosa (B.A. '22) interview guests from McGill's faculty, staff, and student populations, asking the questions that students want to know the answers to.
Our first season looks at how COVID-19 has affected student life. How do you meet people and build community when you aren’t on campus? What does work/life balance look like, when it's all happening in your apartment? How do you maintain good mental health when it feels like the world is upside-down? We talk to staff members from Student Services who have been on the front lines of pandemic response this year to explore what this year has taught us, and what we can carry with us going forward.
Season 1 Episodes:
- Welcome to Studenting! Meet your hosts, Rosa and Derah, and find out what this show is all about!
- Mental Health During the Pandemic: What Have We Learned? featuring Jos Porter and Cyndi Owen (Local Wellness Advisors)
- Planning Your Financial Wellness with Alison Mackay from the Scholarship and Student Aid Office
- Work/Life Balance in a Pandemic World with Carrie Hanson (Teaching and Learning Services) and Bella Scurfield (Office for Students with Disabilities)
- Building Community Where You Are with Carlene Gardner, Director of the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
- Engagement for the Remote Campus featuring Gilbert Lin from Campus Life & Engagement
- Season Wrap-Up: What Have We Learned? Derah and Rosa reflect on Season 1 and look ahead to Season 2!
- Bonus Minisode: Spotlight on PHAs! With Maxiene, a Peer Health Advisor from the Student Wellness Hub
Don't see the app you use? student.services [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Studenting%3A%20Podcast%20app%20request) (Let us know!)