If you are a Student Service member and wish to book a room in the Brown building, you many proceed by completing the Event Request form.
If you are not a Student Services' employee and you want to book a room in Brown, you will need to partner with one of our Services who will request the room on your behalf and be responsible for it.
The Brown building’s regular opening hours are from Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (subject to change). Bookings outside these hours require approval from the building director. This must be requested in advance via brownbuilding [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Room%20booking) (email).
- The room must be returned to its standard layout after each use.
- If a room is found in disarray after an event booking, you will be charged for cleaning services.
There are two main areas where tabling can occur in Brown:
- On the third floor of the East Wing, by the Dr Penfield Entrance
- On the second floor of the East Wing, across from the Career Planning Services (CaPS) office
- The main Lobby by the Ask McGill desk is reserved for use by Student Services units only.
Student Services' unit have priority for tabling in the Brown Building. If you are not a Student Services' employee and you want to book a space for a table, you need to partner with one of our Services. Please note that you are responsible for providing the table set-up, and take-down.
To make a request for tabling in the Brown Building, please complete a Tabling Request Form.