If you are a Student Service member and wish to book a room or need our support for an extra-curricular activity, you many proceed by completing an Event Request form.
If you are not a Student Services' employee and you want to book a room in Brown, you will need to partner with one of our Services who will request the room and be responsible for it.
The Brown Building’s regular opening hours are from Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (subject to change). Room bookings during the weekend need to have building access approved and requested from one of the Student Services units in order for Area Access Managers to grant access for the specific date and times, should it be available. If a room is found in disarray after an event booking, you may be liable for cleaning services.
- The use of any chemicals is not permitted in any room at any time.
- Candles are not authorized in McGill buildings.
There are two main areas where tabling can occur in Brown:
- On the third floor of the East Wing, by the Dr Penfield Entrance
- On the second floor of the East Wing, across from the Career Planning Services (CaPS) office
- The main Lobby by the Ask McGill desk is reserved for use by Student Services units only.
Student Services' unit have priority for tabling in the Brown Building. If you are not a Student Services' employee and you want to book a space for a table, you need to partner with one of our Services. Please note that you are responsible for providing the table set-up, and take-down.
To make a request for tabling in the Brown Building, please complete a Tabling Request Form.