McGill recognises the challenges International students can face when studying away from home. The Scholarships and Student Aid Office is committed to ensuring that qualified students from any geographic region are financially supported in their goals to enter and complete academic programs at the University. This page points to the various funding opportunities that will help support these goals.
McGill Scholarships & Awards
Newly admitted undergraduate students can apply to McGill’s Entrance Scholarship Program. In-course award programs for undergraduate students currently studying at McGill fall under individual faculty jurisdiction as do those for graduate students.
Please visit McGill's publications site for various program calendars that provide comprehensive listings and information on awards.
McGill Financial Aid
The Scholarships and Student Aid Office administers need-based Financial Aid Programs for future and current undergraduates from Canada, US, and abroad. Our programs offer loans and bursaries to students in need of supplemental financial assistance and to those who are experiencing financial hardship. International students who would like to financially plan for their costs of attendance are encouraged to submit an updated in-course financial aid profile/application and make an appointment with a Financial Aid Counsellor in the Scholarships and Student Aid Office. All factors affecting a student’s financial situation and ability to cover costs of attendance will be considered. Other services we offer include:
- Tuition Payment Deferrals: useful for International students experiencing delays in their funding transfers. International students can initiate a fee deferral by submitting a Fee Deferral application in Minerva.
- Work Study Program: for on-campus job opportunities
- Emergency loans: for unforeseen circumstances
- Frugal Scholar Money Management Program: financial planning, debt management and educational costs
- Our Other Aid and Awards page provides information on additional funding opportunities offered by sources both inside and outside McGill
- The Desautels Faculty of Management provides a list of international funding sites organized by country
- Students who would like information on how to opt out of certain fees should consult McGill's Student Accounts website (search engine >"opt out")