- Determine the deadlines for both the application AND the McGill Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)'s internal deadline.
If you are unsure, contact OSR or verify the Research and Innovation (R+I) Funding Opportunities Database (McGill sign-in required).
- Consult the agency website and read any guidelines or program descriptions provided.
These guidelines are normally updated every year.
- Double-check to see if one of the following is required:
- Letter of Intent (LOI) or
- Pre-proposal or
- Online registration deadline requirement.
- If applicable, use any online forms or templates provided.
- Complete and sign the OSR Checklist. If your project involves university cash or in-kind commitments, please complete and sign the OSR Table of Commitments.
- Check required ethics and regulatory documents. Please see Ethics and compliance.
- Have your application reviewed and signed. Please see Getting signatures for details.
- Submit your application (regular mail, e-submission, email).
Many granting agencies receive applications by email or through an online submission process. In many cases, an OSR Officer must submit an application on your behalf. If you need help or have questions about how to submit electronically, contact the OSR.