The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to a
SSHRC Insight Grants Information Session
in preparation for the upcoming competition:
Date: Monday, August 31st, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: James Administration Building, Room 301
This workshop will include:
- a brief presentation about the objectives and requirements of the Insight Grants program from Grants Officer Joanna Mastalerek;
- presentations from two McGill researchers who served as Insight Grant selection committee members in the last competition. The following speakers will provide potential applicants with information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for preparing a successful proposal:
- Prof. Andre Costopoulos, Department of Anthropology
- Prof. Robert Leckey, Faculty of Law
- a question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to raise any questions they may have about the program or the application process. Those who are unable to attend or who may not feel comfortable sharing their questions are invited to send their inquiries to joanna.mastalerek [at] mcgill.ca (Joanna Mastalerek) in advance so that they may be included in the session.
*Light refreshments will be served.*
Please R.S.V.P. to joanna.mastalerek [at] mcgill.ca by Monday, August 24th to register.
Please note that, as indicated in SSHRC’s regulations governing multiple applications, researchers who have applied to Insight Development Grants in 2015 are not eligible to apply to Insight Grants in 2015, whether successful in the Insight Development Grant competition or not. However, researchers are allowed to hold an Insight Grant and an Insight Development Grant at the same time, provided the research objectives of each are different.
Please also note that this workshop may be cancelled if attendance is not sufficient.