Applying to McGill
- Prospective students must refer to the undergraduate section of the McGill Admissions website for admission requirements, deadlines and access to the online application portal.
- Applicants interested in applying to an undergraduate program offered through the Department of Microbiology & Immunology must select the Biomedical, Biology and Life Science group section in their undergraduate application.
McGill Returning Students
- If you are currently a McGill student pursuing an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree, and you would like to change your degree, there are two ways to do this. Student can request an Inter-faculty transfer or an Intra-faculty transfer.
|INTRA-Faculty||Refers to B.Sc. students who want to switch from one program group within the B.Sc. degree into another program group (e.g. transferring from Biological, Biomedical and Life Sciences (BBL) Group to the Physical, Earth, Math and Computer Science (PEMC) Group). Students do no need to apply for an intra-faculty transfer to change programs within their current group (e.g. a student in the BBL Group who changes from a Major in Biology to a Major in Physiology).|
|INTER-Faculty||Refers to changing from one degree to another (e.g. from a B.Sc. to a B.A. & Sc.). Please review section 5.1.2 on the Faculty of Science webpage for an overview of the implications of an inter-faculty transfer.|
Degree transfers to the B.Sc. and B.A. & Sc:
- The Faculty of Science welcomes transfer applications to the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and the Bachelor of Arts & Science (B.A. & Sc.) degrees from McGill undergraduate students who have not graduated.
- If you are studying at another university and want to transfer to McGill, you must apply through the Admissions website as a Transfer student.
- Applications are available for the Fall semester only. There are no inter/intra-faculty transfers for the Winter or Summer Terms.
- Students can review more information on degree transfer requests and requirements on the Faculty of Science webpage.