Welcome to the Department of Microbiology and Immunology Academic Advising and Orientation section. Student advising sessions are available to MIMM undergraduate students to provide department information and to answer questions on program requirements, course registration, program planning, study away and exchanges, and graduation. Students should review and be familiar with the information available in the MIMM Undergraduate Handbook and the MIMM Undergraduate Pamphlet:
- For questions concerning your undergraduate studies in Microbiology & Immunology, students can schedule an advising session with Christine DeSantis, Student Affairs Officer.
- Advising sessions are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm during the academic year.
- Students not available during these times should send an email to undergrad.microimm [at] mcgill.ca. Please include your McGill ID number and the reason for the appointment.
- In-person advising appointments are available at the Duff Medical Building, Administrative Office - Room 511.
- Online advising appointments are available through MS Teams.
- To book a student advising appointment, click here.
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology hosted its annual undergraduate orientation session on Monday, August 29, 2022. The orientation is for incoming U1 students. Students learn about the MIMM Department, MIMM undergraduate programs/courses, pertinent dates, and how to book a student advising appointment with the MIMM student affairs team. The Fall 2022 orientation session provided an overview of the following topics followed by a question & answer period:
- MIMM Department
- MIMM Undergraduate Programs
- MIMM Courses
- Important Dates
- Student Advising
- Important Contacts
- MISA McGill - Microbiology & Immunology Students' Association
Orientation Presentation & Course Schedule
Student can access the presentations for the 2022 orientation session here:
- MIMM Undergraduate Orientation Presentation: MIMM Fall 2022 Orientation Presentation
- Microbiology & Immunology Students' Association Presentation: MISA Fall 2022 Orientation
- Below is an example of a U1 course schedule.
- Students can use this schedule as a guide when creating their course schedule for the academic year.
- Students can make course adjustments or changes to their class schedule up to the add/drop deadlines set for each semester.
|MIMM 211 – Biology of Microorganisms||3||MIMM 214 – Introduction to Immunology||3|
|MIMM 212 – Laboratory in Microbiology||3||BIOL 202 - Basic Genetics||3|
|BIOL 200 – Molecular Biology||3||CHEM 222 – Introduction to Organic Chemistry 2||4|
|CHEM 212 – Introduction to Organic Chemistry 1||4||
BIOL 201 - Cell Biology & Metabolism OR
BIOC 212 - Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Function
|Elective OR Complementary course||3||Elective OR Complementary course||3|
2022-2023 Academic Year
Chief Academic Advisor - Study Away & Exchanges
Prof. Benoit Cousineau
514-398-8929 or 514-398-8882 - benoit.cousineau [at] mcgill.ca
Student Affairs Advisor
514-398-3915 - undergrad.microimm [at] mcgill.ca
Medical School Application Advisor
Prof. Dalius Briedis
514-398-3925 - dalius.briedis [at] mcgill.ca
Students interested in applying to medical school should review the "applying to medical school" section on the Faculty of Science website.