Submit A Request: Missed Mid-Term Exam Webform
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is taking steps to assist students who need or missed a mid-term exam due to medical or non-medical reasons. Decisions regarding missing a mid-term exam are overseen by the department Student Affairs Officer. Please note the following:
- The Missed Mid-Term Exam webform is ONLY for Microbiology & Immunology undergraduate courses.
- To access the webform you will need to click on the Submit A Request button and log-in using your McGill username and password.
- Students must complete the webform within 1 week of the scheduled exam or else they will receive a grade of zero for the midterm.
- We will evaluate any medical and non-medical situations and reserve the right to make final decisions regarding what accommodations are reasonable and appropriate in the circumstances.
- Please consult the Student Wellness Hub for sources of support.
The following reasons are generally accepted, provided proper documentation:
- Religious conflict
- Health/medical - medical note must be dated along with the date of the midterm exam
- Death in the family
- Serious illness/accident in the family
- Intercollegiate event
- Job interview
- Faculty-sponsored events held outside of Montreal
The following reasons are generally not accepted:
- Travel not related to above issues, such as family birthdays, reunions, vacations.
- Two exams on the same day.
- Misreading of the course outline.
- Having many other exams / assignments in the same week.
- Obligations to student clubs or sports teams other than intercollegiate events discussed above.
- Employment obligations.
For any questions, please contact the MIMM Student Affairs Officer at undergrad.microimm [at] mcgill.ca (subject: MIMM%20Missed%20Mid-Term%20Exam)