Inspired by Dr. Raymond Hakim, the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition (CLIC) aims to inspire members of our Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences community to conceive and develop promising ideas that will have a direct and positive impact on Canadian or global health care.
The CLIC has now been running very successfully for four years. We are very grateful to our prize sponsors for offering the following prizes at this year's CLIC:
- The Hakim Family Innovation Prize recognizes ideas, new processes or devices in health care with potential to have a tangible and meaningful impact on the patients entrusted to our care.
- The Marika Zelenka Roy Innovation Prize, launched in partnership with the Montreal General Hospital Foundation, highlights the innovation providing the best solution to an unmet clinical need for the care of a patient and the highest likelihood of success in being translated. Two winners are chosen for this prize.
- The MI4 Innovation Prize, sponsored by the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity, aims to support innovative solutions that focus on infectious and immune threats to human health. Two winners are chosen for this prize.
- The Bereskin & Parr Innovation Prize recognizes a trainee-led (student, resident or fellow) clinical innovation that has the greatest promise to develop into a truly competitive value proposition.
Proposals are submitted by teams or individuals with the goal of improving health outcomes, health access for patients, or health care efficiency or effectiveness.
Proposed improvements may take many different forms, for example:
- Product innovation – devices, diagnostics and technology platforms
- A clinical “1st” – new programs and procedures
- Process innovation – new delivery models
Proposals submitted to the McGill CLIC are screened, and the finalists are selected by a panel of independent judges, then invited to pitch their ideas.
The 4th Annual McGill Clinical Innovation Competition and Awards Ceremony (SPECIAL BICENTENNIAL EDITION ) took place on May 20, 2021. Learn about the winning teams and finalists.
About the Judging Panel
The McGill CLIC panel of judges is comprised of leaders in clinical care, academia, industry, engineering and business. CLIC judges are confirmed annually.
Please access information regarding the prizes, eligibility & timeline, proposal criteria in the menu items to the left.