Inspired by Dr. Raymond Hakim, the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition (CLIC) aims to inspire members of our Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences community to conceive and develop promising ideas that will have a direct and positive impact on Canadian or global health care.
The McGill CLIC has now been running very successfully for five years. We are very grateful to our sponsors for offering the following prizes at this year's sixth annual competition:
- The Hakim Family Innovation Prize recognizes ideas, new processes or devices in health care with potential to have a tangible and meaningful impact on the patients entrusted to our care.
- The Marika Zelenka Roy Innovation Prize was launched in partnership with the Montreal General Hospital Foundation. There are two award categories for this prize. The first award recognizes the best solution to an unmet clinical need for the care of a patient and the highest likelihood of success in being translated. The second award recognizes an innovation that improves patient safety/quality, or addresses an unmet clinical need, through simulation.
- The MI4 Innovation Prize, sponsored by the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity, aims to support innovative solutions that focus on infectious and immune threats to human health. Two winners are chosen for this prize.
- The Bereskin & Parr Innovation Prize recognizes the clinical innovation that has the greatest promise of a commercial value proposition.
Proposals are submitted by teams or individuals with the goal of improving health outcomes, health access for patients, or health care efficiency or effectiveness.
Proposed improvements may take many different forms, for example:
- Product innovation – devices, diagnostics and technology platforms
- A clinical “1st” – new programs and procedures
- Process innovation – new delivery models
Proposals submitted to the McGill CLIC are screened, and the finalists are selected by a panel of independent judges, then invited to pitch their ideas.
About the Judging Panel
The McGill CLIC panel of judges is comprised of leaders in clinical care, academia, industry, engineering and business. McGill CLIC judges are confirmed annually.
SAVE THE DATE!
The 6th Annual McGill Clinical Innovation Competition and Awards Ceremony will take place in person on Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.