There are 3 important documents related to data governance.
Note: To understand the difference between policies and standards, see the definitions section.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities for managing McGill University data. It also defines governance principles to manage McGill University's data as a strategic asset
- Outlines roles, responsibilities, and scope of authority for each stakeholder within the data governance framework
- Identifies the Data Trustees for each data domain
- Classifies data based on their level of sensitivity, value and criticality to McGill University
- Classification levels dictate what controls are required to safeguard data.