Where to get your card
688 Sherbrooke Street West
15th floor, suite 1520
ID card opening hours
- Mondays: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
***No appointment necessary.
What to bring
In order to obtain a McGill ID card, a staff member must be on the personnel/payroll system and must present identification such as a driver's license.
Rules for carrying your I.D.
- All active faculty and staff must carry their ID cards at all times when on campus. All retired and emeritus faculty members should keep their ID card for continued access to libraries or certain buildings.
- Your McGill ID card remains the property of the University at all times. If your employment is terminated, you must return your card to Human Resources without delay.
- Staff ID cards are required to access a number of services such as libraries, equipment and video loans, athletic facilities and to enter buildings after business hours.
More information can be obtained by calling Human Resources at 398-8000.
If you lose your card, or if it's stolen
- Immediately contact Security at 398-3731 to report the loss, so they can deactivate access.
- Contact Human Resources Reception at 398-8000. A new ID card will be issued to you at no cost.