Are you a Master's student preparing to submit your thesis?
- Students can access step-by-step instructions here.
- The new process does not apply to theses being resubmitted after revision.
- Watch our short 'Quick Tour' video for students below:
- Supervisors can access step-by-step instructions here.
Graduate Program Director (GPD) Guidelines
- GPDs can access step-by-step instructions here.
Thesis title and abstract
- Thesis title (Final version).
You should review the thesis title in the Intent to Submit Thesis tab. If needed, the title can be updated and the Intent to Submit Thesis form resubmitted. You can then return to the Thesis Submission page to continue submitting your thesis for examination.
- Thesis abstract.
Review your abstract(s) prior to your submission of your initial thesis. We encourage students to keep in mind the requirements for abstracts at the time of the final submission of the thesis on Minerva:
They should be text only, i.e. no images, special characters (apart from the West European character set excluding the “Œ” and “œ”), chemical or mathematical formulae, or special formatting (e.g. lists, tables).
They should be less than 4000 characters.
Abstracts in English and French are mandatory in the final version of the thesis submitted through Minerva.
- Thesis in PDF format.
Your initial thesis should be submitted on myThesis in PDF format. The naming convention for the thesis file must be as follows:
lastname_first name_unit name(can be abbreviated)_thesis.pdf
- Supplementary file (if required)