- A Master’s thesis must be evaluated by a single examiner
- A Doctoral thesis must be evaluated by two examiners - one internal and one external
- Supervisors may not serve as examiners of their own Master’s or Doctoral students
- For Doctoral theses, following the successful (written) examination, there is an oral defence
Please read the other pages in this section for detailed information on:
- selecting and nominating thesis examiners;
- the evaluation of a written thesis; and
- thesis examination failures.