The Mackenzie King competition is comprised of five scholarships for which eligible applicants are considered:
- Mackenzie King Open Scholarship
- Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship
- Delta Upsilon Memorial Scholarship
- John Williamson Frederick Peacock Memorial Scholarship
- Philip F. Vineberg Travelling Fellowship
All applicants of the Mackenzie King Open and Travelling Scholarships, who are eligible, are considered for the Delta Upsilon Memorial Scholarship, the J.W.F Peacock Scholarship, and the Philip F. Vineberg Travelling Fellowship. A separate application process is not available.
The Mackenzie King Open Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in graduate study in any field, in Canada or elsewhere. One open Scholarship is awarded annually.
The Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in (commence or continue) graduate study (master’s or doctoral), in the United States or the United Kingdom, of international relations or industrial relations (including the international or industrial relations aspects of law, history, politics and economics). Four scholarships were awarded in the past year.
- Mackenzie King Open Scholarship - $8,500 (value is subject to change)
- Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship - $10,500 (value is subject to change)
February 01, 2023
- The award is open to graduates of any Canadian university. Please consult the W. L. Mackenzie King Memorial Scholarships website for eligibility criteria.
- Students who are currently or previously registered at McGill University, apply through McGill for the Mackenzie King Open & Travelling Scholarships.
- All applicants of the Mackenzie King Open and Travelling Scholarships, who are eligible, are also considered for the Philip F. Vineberg Travelling Fellowship, Delta Upsilon Memorial Scholarship, and John Williamson Frederick Peacock Memorial Scholarship.
Note: International students must already hold a Canadian degree. If the graduate study being pursued is their first Canadian degree, they are not eligible.
- Submit electronic copies of your application to fundingapplications.gps [at] mcgill.ca with the subject "Mackenzie King Competition - LastName-McGillID". Applications that are handwritten, with no signature, or with an electronic signature will not be accepted.
- Reference letters should be sent directly by the referee to the fundingapplications.gps [at] mcgill.ca (same email address). The letter must be a scanned document bearing an original signature (digital signatures are NOT accepted).
- Transcripts must be sent electronically by your institution to McGill university to fundingapplications.gps [at] mcgill.ca. GPS will not accept hard copies of transcripts. Scanned copies of your official transcripts will be accepted ONLY IF your institution does not issue e-Transcripts. McGill transcript must also be submitted. For any questions, contact graduatefunding.gps [at] mcgill.ca.
- Application form and instructions are available on the W.L. Mackenzie King Memorial Scholarships website.