NSERC Vanier CGS, SSHRC Vanier CGS, and CIHR Vanier CGS
Value & Duration
$50,000/year for 3 years
September 20, 2018, 20:00 p.m. EST to submit online via ResearchNet; contact your academic unit for deadline to submit copy of application to your unit.
- How to Apply
- Presentation Standards for Attached Documents
- Formatting Instructions to Prepare your Documents
- Please consult Vanier CGS for eligibility criteria and nomination process
- McGill considers a first-class GPA to be (3.7 or 3.5 in Law) in each of the last two (2) years of full-time study
Note: Your unit will perform the GPA calculations.
How to Apply
- Please contact your Academic Unit as application is by Unit nomination only.
- Printed hard copy of online (ResearchNet) application and all supporting documents submitted to your unit by unit deadline.
- Further application information is available on the Vanier CGS website.
*All nominated Vanier applicants apply through McGill University. No direct applications are accepted by the agency.
Presentation Standards for Attached Documents
All attachments to applications must be prepared according to the standards provided. Applications submitted that are not prepared according to the instructions provided may be deemed ineligible.
When submitting supporting documents written in a language other than English or French, applicants are required to submit a certified translation of these documents.
Formatting Instructions to Prepare your Documents
- Pages must be 8 ½" x 11" (216 mm x 279 mm).
- Insert a minimum margin of 2 cm (3/4 inch) around the page (top, bottom and sides).
- Use a font that will be easily readable by committee members: minimum font size of 10 Arial, or the equivalent.
- No condensed type or spacing (single- or double-spaced are acceptable).
- Any images, diagrams, technical drawings, or any other image must be contained within allowable page limits.
- For documents prepared by the applicant: At the top of each page, indicate your name and the title of the document as it appears in the instructions.
- For documents prepared by the institution: These must all be on institutional letterhead.
- For multi-page attachments, number the pages sequentially.
For more information, please contact your academic unit or consult the Vanier CGS website.