|DE (FRQNT) or DS (FRQSC)
(up to 3 years)
(up to 4 months)
DS:$20,000/year (up to 3 years)
|Special Citizenship allowances||Candidates from Brazil, India, **new - Israel, or Wallonia region will compete in their own citizenship category in each of program levels. Citizens of all other eligible countries will compete in the "Open" category in each of program levels (Doctoral, postdoctoral, short-term research).||DE & DS have no special citizenship.|
Pre-Selection documents and eligibility form submitted to academic Unit by 27 June 2019
For more information on eligibility, please consult FRQNT website.
Please note the following:
- The DE competition is for studies in the areas of: Aerospace, New information and communications technologies, New health technologies, Genomics, or Nanotechnologies.
- The DS competition is for studies in the areas of: Humanities, Social Sciences, or Arts and Literature. (note if you can prove that you have been living in Québec for more than 6 month by Agency deadline, then you are not eligible for the DS.)
- DE & DS applicants should use the Doctoral-level PBEEE pre-selection application for pre-selection at McGill.
How to Apply
Please submit the PBEEE-DE/DS Eligibility Screening Form, appropriate Pre-Selection Form (see Pre-Selection Process tab above), along with copies of all postsecondary transcripts to your academic unit by the deadline.
All applicants must apply through their respective academic unit*. If you are not currently registered at McGill and wish to apply for admission to McGill through this award, please contact the academic unit to which you will apply.
*Wallonia region scholarship applicants must have studied in a French-language university institution in Belgium, available only to Doctoral students or short-term researchers.
*Candidates from China may either apply through the “Open” category or through the Chinese Scholarship Council.
*Candidates from Mexico may either apply through the “Open” category or through the Mexican Ministry of Education.
Please note: If nominated by McGill, applicants are responsible for submitting their online application and supporting documents to the agency by the agency deadline and will be contacted directly by the agency.
Nominees to send application via FRQNet
The documents listed below must be attached to electronic form in the order described in two (2) PDF documents.
- The first includes a copy of the identification page of a valid passport or other official document.
- The second includes the rest of the documents. The student must ensure that the documents are not protected by a password.
(Documents submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a translation of the original.)
Submit all the required documents to your unit by the deadline.
- PBEEE-DE/DS Eligibility Screening Form
- Copies of all postsecondary transcripts.
- Copy of proof of Citizenship.
- Applicant checklist - please submit one copy with application to academic unit:
- Pre-selection forms: You are required to submit a pre-selection application to be nominated from McGill. This pre-selection application is based on the electronic application required from nominees to the agency.
- Units will append the copies of transcripts and proof of citizenship used during the eligibility screening process. Successful nominees will be required to send official, original transcripts to the agency for the agency deadline. Applicants who are currently registered at McGill should order transcripts through Minerva: McGill transcript ordering information
- Agency Forms (please use the PDF dynamic version for pre-selection): These forms are for McGill internal selection purposes and other year's form linked to on this page is fine to use. ** note that "committee", "program", "PIN", and"application number" are NOT required at this time.
- Please inform your referees (and supervisor, if applicable) that should you be nominated to the agency, they will be required to re-submit their letter with the online system in time for the agency deadline. We recommend they retain a copy of their letter from the preselection process.