NSERC USRA actively encourages FEMALE and ABORIGINAL applicants
- NSERC is reminding you that the USRA program actively encourages women applicants in their pursuit of graduate studies and careers in science and engineering.
- NSERC also encourages eligible Canadian Aboriginal students to apply.
For more complete information about NSERC USRA, including a summary of eligibility criteria and student deadlines, see information for NSERC USRA applicants.
Value & Duration
$6 000. from NSERC + min. $1 500. contribution from Supervisor
- 16 consecutive weeks on a full-time basis
Important eligibility note:
Students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree must have been registered in a Bachelor’s degree at an eligible university in at least one of the 2 terms immediately previous to the award to be eligible to hold a USRA. For the purposes of this document, the terms of an academic year are: Summer: May to August, Fall: September to December, and Winter: January to April.
Departments should verify their deadlines and administrative requirements with their faculties.
Deadline for faculties to submit nominations and payment information to GPS: 09 April 2021
McGill webpage link to share with your students: https://mcgill.ca/gps/funding/students/nserc-usra
Required forms for Faculties and Departments
Awarding and Payment Materials:
- Student Stipend Authorization Form (for supervisor portion of award)
- USRA Offer Sample
- URSA Awardee Payment list