July 20 2019
Unit may set own deadline date for applicants according to needs.
Unit receives PBEEE Eligibility Screening Form, pre-selection application, and copies of all postsecondary transcripts from applicants for review and recommendation at Unit level.
|July 29 2019||Unit submits screening information to GPS on FAD. FAD will become available as of mid July.|
|July 30 2019||GPS confirms candidate eligibility to Unit on FAD (Unit should confirm eligibility to applicant) and will request for FAD update for eligible recommended applicants|
|July 29 2019||
Unit SCANS complete (recommended only) pre-selection application packages and submits them to GPS via email gradcomp.gps [at] mcgill.ca
|Aug. 09 2019||GPS will confirm received applications to units|
Oct. 1 2019
|Deadline for GPS to submit nominee information electronically to Agency|
|Nov. 1-TBC||Deadline for nominated candidates to submit online application and original, hard-copy supporting documents to Agency|
- Unit Quotas
- Eligibility and Evaluation
- Evaluation Criteria
- Required Forms/Tools
- Additional Resources
McGill's 2019 PBEEE competition has eight (8) categories of eligibility. Each unit may recommend one (1) candidate to GPS per each competition category. McGill's quota varies by citizenship.
AT EACH LEVEL
Because of the popularity of this competition, all candidates are screened for basic eligibility before they are assessed on an in-depth, qualitative basis. Eligibility is demonstrated through the information reported by Unit on FAD.
- Units should ensure candidates' eligibility based on the criteria available at the FRQNT website "Eligibility conditions and citizenship"
- Units are expected to calculate and report an accurate CGPA on FAD. Use the Eligibility Screening form in order to ensure ineligible candidates are not included in the pre-selection process or progress to nomination. Please use the GPA Calculation Guide.
- PBEEE: If the number of eligible candidates does not exceed the McGill quota in any competition category, those candidates will automatically become McGill nominees to the agency in that respective category. Units should only solicit applications from eligible candidates, as determined by the nomination screening process. Pool of interested Postdocs is a good place to begin soliciting candidates.
- Transcripts: GPS does not require original/certified transcripts for the pre-selection stage of this competition. Please note that candidates who are nominated by McGill to the agency will be responsible for submitting original or certified copies (certified by a Commissioner of Oaths) as supporting documents to their online application to the agency. All transcripts must be in one of Canada’s official languages, or be accompanied by an official translation into English or French.
- Agency Forms (please use the PDF dynamic version for pre-selection): These forms are for McGill internal selection purposes and other year's form linked to on this page is fine to use. ** note that "committee", "program", "PIN", and "application number" are NOT required at this time.
Submit all the required documents to your unit by the deadline.
- Eligibility Screening Form
- Copies of all postsecondary transcripts.
- Copy of proof of Citizenship.
- Applicant checklist - please submit one copy with application to academic unit:
Pre-selection forms: You are required to submit a pre-selection application to be nominated from McGill. This pre-selection application is based on the electronic application required from nominees to the agency.
Units will append the copies of transcripts and proof of citizenship used during the eligibility screening process. Successful nominees will be required to send official, original transcripts to the agency for the agency deadline. Applicants who are currently registered at McGill should order transcripts through Minerva: McGill transcript ordering information
Agency Forms (please use the PDF dynamic version for pre-selection): These forms are for McGill internal selection purposes and other year's form linked to on this page is fine to use. ** note that "committee", "program", "PIN", and"application number" are NOT required at this time.
IMPORTANT : The supervisor who wrote the letter of acceptance cannot complete a letter of reference.
- Lettre of reference (PDF dynamique): Link to Form
- Letter of acceptance (from Supervisor): Link to Form
Please inform your referees (and supervisor, if applicable) that should you be nominated to the agency, they will be required to re-submit their letter with the online system in time for the agency deadline. We recommend they retain a copy of their letter from the preselection process.