The Honours Thesis Abstract Archive contains summaries of theses written by undergraduates in the Department of Geography from 2008 and after. The authors and/or Department of Geography have copyrights over all material on this site. The actual theses for all years are available through the McGill Library system in either paper or electronic form.
- Bandia, Emma Sustainable neighbourhoods and housing affordability in Canada: Is housing affordable in neighbourhoods with more favorable active living environments?
- Chan, Arzen Drawing the Commute: Application of Drawing and Sketch Maps on the Mental Image and Perception of Commutes in Montréal.
- Charles, Ari There Goes the Neighbourhood. The Social Role, Real and perceived of Two New Light Rail Lines in North America.
- Cheng, Michelle What influences forest clearing decisions in shifting cultivation systems? Evidence from Western Amazonia.
- Kee, Michelle Writings on the Wall: An Investigation into Young Graffiti Writers’ Motivations, Meanings, and Strategies for Creation in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Hilts, Annalise Examining Links between Total Factor Productivity Growth and National Food Supplies: Are there Implications for Food Security and Self-Sufficiency?
- Loach, Julia Representation of Women and Visible Minorities on Agencies, Boards, and Commissions in Ontario.
- O'Driscoll, Anna Assessing land cover and potential governance structures for the Bayano Carbon Project.
- Sabourin, Josée Understanding Food Truck Mobility, Policy, and Social Media Use in Eugene, Boston, and Vancouver.
- Wen, Erin Reassessing “local”: The commodity chains of fruits and vegetables supplied to the Jean Talon and Atwater Markets.
- Xing, William Evaluating the change in net CO2 exchange caused by flooding a black spruce forest through the creation of a hydroelectric reservoir.
- Fralich, Catherine An Investigation of an Industrializing Suburb: Spatializing the Transformation of Saint-Henri Between 1881 and 1901
- Libchaber, Béatrice Building from Scratch: Egypt’s New Cities, from the Colonial Era to the Present
- Zuberec, Celia Hanoi's Youth Itinerant Vendors: An Investigation of Vending Practices, Strategies, and Experiences in a Socialist State
- Allaby, Monica Growing Pains: The Relationships Between Commercial Rooftop Greenhouses and Small-Scale Organic Farms in Montreal, Quebec
- Demers, Amanda Analyzing the Roles and Representation of Women in The City
- Hykes, Madeleine Youth Perspectives: Navigating and Negotiation Top-Down Urban Change in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Heinrich, Dorothy Frances Science and Good Manners: Investigating the Integration and Value Placed on Inuit Traditional Ecological Knowledge within Qallunaat Scientific Enquiry
- Kerry, Hannah The Legibility of Montreal’s Urban Landscapes Through Google Street View
- Rebentisch, Hannah A Policy and Spatial Analysis of Vision Zero: Process and Equity in Three U.S. Cities
- Toy, Brian An Exploration of Middle Class Dynamics in Canadian Cities
- Demers, Benjamin Constructing a Victim of Violence: The Politics of “Safe Space” in Toronto’s LGBTQ Village
- Furneaux, Alexander Eyes on play, eyes on the alley: Linking the experiences of childhood play between parents and children in Toronto amid socio-cultural and spatial change
- Gleckner, William Viewing From Above: What Figure Grounds Reveal About New Master Planned Cities
- Herman, Sébastien Thomas Heritage Site and Property Values in Marseille: A Hedonic Study
- Hu, Emily Spice commodity chains unraveled: Investigating wholesalers, marketplace vendors, and consumers in Shijiazhuang City, Hebei, China
- Nguyen, Nhattan Can you hear me? A Comparative Analysis of Civic Space in Global Policy Making and Civil Society Participation at the United Nations
- Peres, Amelia Identifying regime shifts in the global food trade network: Are there linkages to climate variability?
- Sato, Mayumi #FromFerguson2Gaza: A Transnational Movement of Black-Palestinian Solidarity
- Sauer, Jeffery Malnutrition among Indigenous Batwa in Southwestern Uganda
- Singh, Harangad Development of a Crop Yield Prediction Model for Corn using an Artificial Neural Network and High Resolution Remotely Sensed Imagery
- Berry, Evan Material Attachment, Identity, and Sustainability: Understanding Consumers’ Ethical Decision-Making in the Free Market
- Blander, Akiva Religion, Globalization and Contestation in Israel’s Urban Gated Communities
- Bowden, Jordan Who Makes a Makerspace? Makerspace Governance in Toronto, Ontario, and London, Ontario
- Gillies, Ellen Hunting for Food Security Strategies: Analyzing the Commercialization of Traditional Inuit Foods in Nunavut
- Kapoor, Benjamin Analyzing the Successes and Failures of Collaborative and Innovative Research Buildings at Universities
- Bédard, Matthieu The Shifting Geography of Precarious Employment in Canada
- Blair, David The Effects of Major Waterfalls on the Assemblage Structure of African Freshwater Fish Species
- Clark, Sierra The Burden and Lived Experience of Acute Gastrointestinal Illness in an Indigenous Batwa Population in Southwestern Uganda
- Cully, Isobel An Analysis of Cycling Infrastructure Decisions in Montréal, Canada
- Cutts, Adam State-Community Collaborative Strategies to Enable the Right to the City in Argentina
- Donohue, Laura, Resilience and Vulnerability of River-Side Communities to Environmental Shocks in Loreto and Ucayali Regions, Peruvian Amazon
- Lemyre, Étienne Parti Pris? Minority Representation in Quebec Provincial Politics
- Ozols-Mongeau, Lucas The Mode Not Taken: A Qualitative Approach to Understanding Travel Behaviour
- Pawlowski, Madeleine, Coordination is Key: Forwarding National Climate and Health Adaptation Policy in Developing Nations
- Wieb, Alexander, Identifying Risk, Exposure and Vulnerability to Ecological Change: A Framework Analysis of Dive Tourism and Invasive Lionfish in Barbados
- Yokoyama, Taichi, Land and the Arab Spring: What Land Policies and Practices Reveal about the Uprisings
- Cornish, Natalie Evaluating Signal-to-noise Ratios in Hyperspectral Imagery Summed During versus Post Acquisition
- Dreiblatt, Miriam Through the Egged© Bus Window: The Legacy of Arieh Sharon’s Vision of the Israeli New Towns
- Drouin-Leger, Kevin Estimating Aboveground Carbon Stocks From Remotely Sensed Data and the TEAM Network Inventory Data
- Huang, Carolin, Racial Renderings: The Homonationalist Imaginary of Quebec
- Lynch, Melody Bajo Livelihoods in Sama Bahari, Southeast Sulawesi, Indonesia, since 1998
- Pollock, Andrew J. Development Dynamics of a Startup Innovation Cluster Ten Years Later: An Analysis of the New Brunswick ICT Industry
- Shefska, Dara Understanding Neighbourhood Determinants of Gestational Diabetes: A Comparison of Health-Promoting Resources Across Six Toronto Neighbourhoods
- Araos Egan, Malcolm The Effects of Competitiveness and Urban-Rural Polarization on Campaign Spending in Canada
- Austin, Stephanie Elizabeth Organic Agriculture as a Sustainable Livelihood Strategy: Understand catalysts and barriers to adoption in southern India
- Claessens, Courtney Riding the Orange Wave: A statistical and geospatial analysis of NDP support in Canada’s 2011 federal election
- Ifimov, Gabriela Mapping Forest Cover in Costa Rica: A Comparative Case Study for the La Amistad-Caribe Conservation Area
- Karczmar, Christine Montreal Electric Streetcar Suburbanization: A Study of a Canadian City’s Morphological Transformation Before World War 1
- King, Diana Picituring Adaptation: Examining the Social Determinants of Adaptation to Climate Change in the Khumbu Region of Nepal using Photovoice
- Lewnard Joseph Environmental change differentially mediated global re-emergence of zoonotic and anthroponotic infectious diseases from 1990 – 2010
- Patterson, Kaitlin A. A. Climate change and food security among the Batwa Pygmies of Kanungu, Uganda
- Schreck, Anne Methane Ebullition from a Boreal Beaver PondMethane Eb ullition from a Boreal Beaver Pond
- Simpson, Jared Erosion of Retrogressive Thaw Slumps, Herschel Island, YT
- St-Louis, Evelyne Municipal Climate Planning in Regions under Cap-and-Trade
- Taciuk, Alexander Bicycle Parking and Commuting Patterns: Examining the Relationship Between Proximity to City Provided Parking Racks and The Likelihood of Bicycle Commuting
- Trincsi, Kate Determining the Effect of Social and Ecological Factors on Land Use Land Cover Diversity in Northern Upland Vietnam using Spatial Regression
- Beaudreau, Pierre YouSay City: an Online 3D Public Participation Tool for Urban Planning
- Braglewicz, Morgan A. The New Suburban Paradox
- Fox, Nicholas The Relationship Between Environmental and Economic Dimensions of Sustainability on the Island of Montreal
- Jacquemond, Marc A Spatial Analysis of Precarious Forms of Employment in France
- Laing, Wren Images of African Informal Settlements: Exploring Contested Experiences of Place, Gender, and Development in West Point, Liberia
- Nakoneczny, Lesya Indigenous Opposition to Mining Activities in Latin America: A Comparison of Multi-Scalar Strategies in Guatemala, Panama, Colombia and Peru Vasic, Mirej
- Vasic, Mirej Does the Healthy Immigrant Effect Disappear? Examining the Serbian Community in Toronto
- Wilkie, Callum The Missing Link: Intangible Assets, Contractual Agreements and the Transfer Pricing Puzzle.
- Pierre Beaudreau YouSayCity: an Online 3D Public Participation Tool for Urban Planning
- Korbin David DaSilva The Community Design Tool: Unfolding Participatory Urban Design in a Dynamic Three-Dimensional Environment
- Julie de Gea Discriminating between Grave Sites and Non Grave Sites Using Conventional Remote Sensing Methods
- Kathryn Elaine Dingle The Vulnerability of Indigenous Health to Climate Change: A Case Study of Uganda’s Batwa Pygmies
- Samuel Dubois Reviving French Military Archives: A Study of Ethnic Minority Depictions in Northern Colonial Vietnamese Borderlands
- Noelani K. Eidse Exploring Urban Resistance: Street Vending and Negotiations Over Public Space Livelihoods in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Emily Jeanne Hawes Poverty in Canada: An Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis
- Robby Marrotte The Utility of Nymphaeaceae Sclereids in Paleoenvironmental Research
- Graham Matthew McDowell The Human Dimensions of Climate Change in the Khumbu Region of Nepal: Implications of Hydrological Modification
- Elizabeth O'Brien McNamee Mapping the Biophysical Limitations of Major Crops
- Lesya Maria Nakoneczny Indigenous Opposition to Mining Activities in Latin America: A Comparison of Multi-Scalar Strategies in Guatemala, Panama, Colombia and Peru
- Katie O'Sullivan The Role of Systematic Review in Understanding Population Health and Differential Livelihood Impacts of Urban Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Casey Allen Robinson Racial Convergence and Spatial Dispersion: A Spatial Analysis of Florida’s Determinate Sentencing Laws
- Phoebe Spencer Montreal Up in Smoke: A Spatial Analysis of Mid-Nineteenth Century Urban Fires
- Sarah Allux Hyperspectral Remote Sensing of Vegetation at Multiple Spatial Scales
- Heather Cray A Characterization of the Vegetation Communities of Three Retrogressive Thaw Slumps on Herschel Island, Yukon Territory, Canada
- Nina Gannes The Critical Geopolitics of the Post-9/11 United States Foreign Policy Discourse: a case study using the phrases the “War on Terror,” the “Axis of Evil,” and the “Sunni Triangle”
- Max Halparin Neighborhood Walkability in Montreal: Comparing observational and GIS-based measures of the built environment for physical activity
- Mark Lalonde Using hyperspectral remote sensing to estimate foliar chlorophyll and nitrogen concentrations in an ombrotrophic peatland
- Mitchell Lavoie Anthropogenic Drivers of Neighbourhood-Level Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Montreal
- Stephanie Ridge Scale and Stakeholders in Alberta’s Regional Planning
- Michael Angelopoulos Detection and Assessment of Subsurface Ice with Ground-Penetrating Radar on Herschel Island, Yukon Territory
- Hilary Evans Best Learning from Places to Grow: Instituting a Notion of Limits in the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe
- Isaac Binkovitz The (spatialized) hub-and-spoke industrial district model: an empirical case study of Montreal’s aerospace sector
- Shaun Alexander Heffernan Social Environment and First Nations Health in British Columbia: A Rural-Urban Dichotomy
- Tyler Kreider Access to the Central Business District of Montreal by Public Transportation
- Jamie Lundine A systematic analysis of the impact of conflict on human African trypanosomiasis in sub-Saharan Africa
- Tim Mak Urban and Suburban Conservatives: The impact of residential location on the political attitudes of Conservative Party Members in Westmount - Ville-Marie
- Maureen C. Williams Constructing Food Security in Panama: An Analysis of Government Policy Discourse
- Emily Heather Bennett Exploring the expression of cultural and ethnic identity in Montreal’s Inuit population
- Kenyon Bolton A Comparative Study of Haitian Immigrant Communities in Montreal and Miami
- Emily Joy Kagan The Societal Response to Human papillomavirus Vaccine: A Cross-Cultural Comparison of Canada and the United States
- Natalie Kaiser Symbolic Space, Collective Memory: Monuments, Politics and Identity in Montreal
- Leonora King The Interactive Effect of Substrate Sand Content and Hydraulic Gradient on the Depth of Infiltration of Fines
- Philip Potter Development of Global Maps of Fertilizer Application
- Lesley Raymer The Past, Present and Future of Social Housing: A Spatial Analysis of Downtown Vancouver