This page is not intended for anyone who has registered for a live presentation, as these include exams offered once the training is completed.
Refresher safety training exam is mandatory after 3 years of formal training received from McGill University (unless otherwise noted on the certificate), and for those who need to maintain a certain certification.
An exam re-write is available for those who did not receive a passing grade for a live presentation EHS safety training course (ex. Radiation Safety).
Please refer to the sections below for more information.
Note: You must login above using your McGill email address and password to access the form to register to write an exam.
A refresher or rewrite online exam is currently only available for the following five courses/certifications using the EHS Course Registration System - Web Training:
Note that you need to be on campus or connect though the McGill VPN connection to access the registration system
- WHMIS 2015
- Laser Safety
- Introduction to Biosafety
- Safe Use of Biological Safety Cabinets
- Hazardous Waste Management
You may register for a refresher exam for Radiation Safety. Once your registration is received, you will be sent instructions via email on how to complete the online exam. If you are experiencing technical difficulties with Lime Survey, try this. If it doesn't work, please call IT at 514-398-3398.
** Note that no in-person exams are available until further notice. Please ehs [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Take%20In-Person%20exam%20via%20MS%20Teams) (email us) to arrange to take these exams virtually by MS Teams.
A refresher or re-write in-person exam is available for the following courses/certifications:
- Asbestos Basic
- TDG Class 6.2 Category A Biohazardous Materials (subject to approval by an EHS Biosafety Officer)
- TDG Class 6.2 Category B Biohazardous Materials (subject to approval by an EHS Biosafety Officer)
- TDG Type A Package (Radiation) (subject to approval by an EHS/Hazardous Waste Officer)
- Radiation Safety, noting that:
- this is exam consists of 50 questions. You may prefer to do the online exam.
To register for an in-person exam, follow these instructions:
- To access the form to register for an online refresher or re-write exam, you must first login with the link above, using your McGill email address and password.
- Click on the section below ►“in-person exam dates” to view available exam dates, and then complete the "exam registration form" which will be automatically emailed to ehs [at] mcgill.ca (EHS).
- To review the course materials in advance, please download the course notes.
- During the in-person exam, participants are allowed to consult their course notes (both paper and electronic versions are allowed).
- You can obtain multiple certifications at once if needed [i.e. you can write more than one exam, if time allows].
If the posted dates do not suit your schedule, please josee.sansoucy [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Alternate%20Safety%20Exam%20Test%20Date) (email) a few options of your preferred dates/times.
** Note that no in-person exams are available until further notice.
Downtown Campus Calendar
|Downtown Campus Locations|
|Every Wednesday||10h15||3610 McTavish, 4th floor reception|
|No sessions on Wednesday: Until further notice||NA|
|Every Friday||14h||3610 McTavish, 4th floor reception|
|No sessions on Friday: Until further notice||NA|
Macdonald Campus Calendar
|Macdonald Campus Locations|
|None planed for the moment|
The HWM exam is online only - see the instructions under the "Online Exams" tab above.
All other safety training refresher exams are strictly limited to "re-certification/refresher"; this means you must already possess an EHS certificate. You can write a refresher exam at Macdonald campus on days when there will be a live training session. Look at the training courses available at Macdonald campus and choose a suitable date and then enter this date in the exam registration form below. EHS will then i) confirm your presence, ii) the time you are expected to arrive and iii) inform the instructor of your refresher exam request.
If you need additional information, please call Josée Sansoucy at 514-398-4563