Faculties in laboratory disciplines must form oversight committees on behalf of the Faculty Dean to monitor the activities of departmental health and safety committees and to address health and safety issues relevant to the faculty as a whole.
The Faculty Safety Committee is an advisory body that reports directly to the Dean of the Faculty. The Chair of the Committee represents the Faculty on the University Laboratory Safety Committee.
The Faculty Safety Committee is composed of one representative from each of the Departmental Safety Committees. The Chair of the Faculty Safety Committee is appointed by the Dean.
- To oversee the activities of departmental safety committees within the faculty.
- To receive activity reports from the departmental committee representatives at each meeting.
- To advise the University Laboratory Safety Committee of relevant health and safety issues, activities, and developments in the Faculty.
- To prepare and submit an annual summary of the Faculty Safety Committee activities for the Dean and for the University Laboratory Safety Committee.
- To recommend policies that are relevant specifically to the Faculty.
- To organize safety awareness events or other safety activities deemed advantageous for the Faculty as a whole.
FSC List- last updated October 27, 2020