Any research involving cannabis, hemp, cannabinoids, photocannabinoids or cannabis derivative such as extracts, and concentrates must contact EHS and provide copy of Research Protocol and/or Animal Use Protocol (AUP). EHS will provide the necessary information and steps to the Principal Investigator (PI) for submitting a license application to Health Canada. This license is project based and will only be valid for the PI and its immediate research assistant(s) at a single location.

Those wishing to apply for a cannabis license must familiarize themselves with the cannabis SOP - Institutional cannabis license for McGill under construction.

See Forms, Tools and Resources for documentation related to cannabis.


Back to top