Tomlinson Fellowship (application required)
The Tomlinson Fellowships are recruitment fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral research in any discipline. Additional information is available here.
International Tuition Fee Supplement
In an effort to assist and alleviate the burden of the high International Tuition Fees, the Department offers Tuition Support to eligible International M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and Out-of-Province M.Sc. students. For the 2022-2023 year, the amounts can be found here.
- Please note, the amounts may change from year to year and are subject to the availability of funds.
- Students who have their own scholarship, have their fees paid by a third party, have been awarded a Differential Fee Waiver by the University, and/or have been exempted of paying international tuition fees are ineligible to receive the supplement.
- Those students whose immigration status has changed within a given term (i.e. become a Permanent Resident of Canada or Canadian Citizen, etc.) and no longer pay international student tuition fees must notify us as soon as possible. The International Supplement is only paid during the terms for which students are billed at the international level.
- The tuition supplement will be disbursed directly to the student’s fee account, on a term by term basis. Students are responsible for paying the balance of their fees due by the specified deadline. If deemed necessary, students can apply for a Tuition Fee Deferral via Minerva.
- Note, tuition support is given ONLY for the terms that students are charged international tuition fees (i.e., when students are in full-time status): 3 full-time terms for M.Sc., 6 full-time terms for Ph.D. when admitted at Ph.D. 2 and 8 full-time terms for Ph.D. when admitted at Ph.D. 1. For further information in regards to the terms of residency and the full-time status, please refer to the McGill's eCalendar 2022–2023
Faculty of Medicine Internal Studentships
Faculty of Medicine Internal Studentships are offered to highly qualified graduate students who are undertaking training in research in the Faculty of Medicine leading to a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree. For eligibility requirements, instructions and application forms, please click here.
Graduate Mobility Awards
Awards for studying and conducting research abroad, funded by the Government of Quebec and administered by the University. More Info
Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel Award (GREAT)
The Department provides a limited number of GREAT travel awards every year, to assist graduate students who travel to conferences to give presentations, posters or abstracts. More Info
McKinnell Travel Award
Established in 1993 by the Estate of late Margaret McKinnell - Biochemistry's Unknown Angel to provide support for a Biochemistry graduate student to attend a scholarly meeting or conference relating to their graduate research. More Info
McGill MedStar Award for Trainees
McGill MedStar award recognizes the excellence of research done at the Faculty of Medicine of McGill University by undergraduate (B.Sc.) and graduate students (M.Sc., Ph.D.), post doctoral fellows, and residents in all fields and disciplines covered by the Faculty. The award is based on a research article recently published (less than eight months) as first author by a trainee (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., PDF, Resident) in the Faculty of Medicine of McGill University or one of its affiliated hospitals or research institutes. For more information, click here.