The Department of Biochemistry offers Teaching Assistant opportunities on a term basis. Teaching Assistant positions at McGill University are unionized and available to graduate students only. For more information about the Teaching Assistant Union, visit the AGSEM website.
The fixed hourly rate is $32.38. In addition, a 4% vacation indemnity will be added to your hourly rate.
Available Positions and Application Guidelines
In order to be considered for Teaching Assistantship, please ensure the following steps are completed entirely and on time.
- Refer to the available TA positions
- Apply by clicking on the direct link(s) associated with the course(s) you wish to be considered for. To help you navigate the application page, you may refer to the Guide for External Candidates. Important: Please make sure to use a personal email address (and NOT a @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email address) to apply.
- Click on and complete the Teaching Assistant Application Form
According to the new regulations every course coordinator must meet with his/her TAs and discuss the workload as well as detailed functions that the student will be performing during his/her appointment. The workload form should be signed by the instructor and the student before the end of the add/drop period. All later changes made to the agreement between the course instructor and the student should be included in the revised workload form and resubmitted. The student and the instructor should keep one copy each; one copy will be filed in the student employee record and another will be sent to Human Resources.
- May 30 for Fall and Full Year courses.
- November 2 for Winter courses.
For more information contact
undergrad.biochem [at] mcgill.ca (Briana Blair)
Student Affairs Administrator
Department of Biochemistry, Room 905, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building