Delegation of Signing Authority and Approvals
There are several policies/regulations which document when it is appropriate for a Fund Financial Manager (FFM), Principal Investigator (PI), or Unit Head to delegate their signing authority:
The associated forms/Minerva menu option which should be used to delegate such authority are:
- Delegate Temporary Signing Authority for travel advances, expense reports, payment requests, and POPS Timesheets - Minerva menu option (sign-in is required) [How To - KB article]
- Naming a Delegate in an Acting Capacity as Unit Head during temporary absences - Financial Services website form (listed under "Other Forms")
- Delegate Purchase Requisition Approvals - Minerva menu option (sign-in is required)
Read the following Memorandum & Announcements:
- May 6, 2013 Memorandum from Rose Goldstein and Michael Di Grappa about Research Administration and Accountability – Tri-Agency Recommendations - NEW DELEGATION MENU - channels news | PDF version.
- May 9, 2013 announcement from Cristiane Tinmouth, Controller, Financial Services about Delegation of Temporary Signing Authority Procedures For All Fund Financial Managers - channels news.
- December 4, 2013 announcement from Cristiane Tinmouth, Controller, Financial Services and Alison Verkade, Director Service Centre, Human Resources about POPS Timesheets now available on Minerva Delegate Temporary Signing Authority Menu - channels news.